Re: [tips_and_tricks] One thing that has worked in court for Credit card coll...

  • Scootergq@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 6, 2004
      the court did not allow any discovery in my case..and i asked for the original contract, etc.
    • DrJoAnnaJones@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 6, 2004
        Thank you so very much for the MOTION FOR SANCTIONS  it is just brilliant, and with the addtion of pointing out the Plaintiffs refusal to follow FDCPA. FCRA and the Identity Theft Laws I feel far more confidenet going into court.

        One question....how do the Plaintiffs get the court to change their date without asking the Defendants  ...we had a date [initial confronttion in court] in January andc now i has ben moved to Dec.
      • DrJoAnnaJones@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 6, 2004
          Scooter       we have a law in California...CCP 96..they have to pony up if you ask for the docs, if you have sent CCP96 and they didn't respond within the time constraints then you can ask the judge to throw out the exhibits because you didn't get to see them first...I just never knew what to do when I ask for them and they didn't come...but now, that's to Anthony I do
        • Don Schwarz
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 7, 2004
            A continuance or change of date can only be for cause.

            It has to be a substantial reason for a date change.

            Death in the family, new witness found, surgery etc.

            What was their substantive reason to change the
            court date?

            If there isn't any, then they should lose by default.