case pro se

  • consultants4all@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2004
      i need a case in ohio law that show that a husband can represent his wife in
      court pro se, when they have the same interest in the matter. j.
    • John Wilde
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2004
        It's not a question of representing her. If both of you are a party to
        the suit, and you should be if you have a joint interest in the claim,
        then both of you should be signing the paperwork, and any hearings or at
        trial, it is only necessary for you to speak. When the judge asks if
        there is anything else, there is no need for your wife to speak up. If
        you are not yet a party to the suit and you have a joint interest, then
        I suggest you file a Motion to be joined, particularly since what you
        have told us indicates that you might be an indispensible party.

        g'day
        John Wilde

      • consultants4all@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2004
          in this case my wife signed the complaint, but did not sign all pleading.
          she signed most. Thanks for your reply. j