Judicial Notice vs. Affidavits - Re: Affidavits as Evidence - Re: [law-discuss] Appeals & Family Court

  • leos
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 24, 2004
      I believe you will find that an affidavit is not evidence. It is merely ones statement which is
      under oath, however no affidavit achieves the status of evidence unless it is subject to
      cross examination. Introducing an affidavit in court without supporting first hand
      knowledge testimony subject to cross, will result in it being thrown out as hearsay. Leo