Re: Antinomianism

  • Occupant Family
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 14, 2004
      Greetings,

      You may find the attached of interest to this thread!

      Deo volente,
      Jim

      Blessed be the Lord my rock, that teacheth my hands to war,
      and my fingers to fight. Psalms 144:1
      On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 10:52:36 -0600 "Ed" <ED44@...> writes:
      I recently encountered a new word that Legal Bear, and this group, may find interesting and want to comment on.

      Quick definitions (Antinomianism)

      noun:   the theological doctrine that by faith and God's grace a Christian is freed from all laws (including the moral standards of the culture)

      Ed
    • Lowery, Paul
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 15, 2004
        Message
        Antinomian --
        1.) one who holds that under the gospel dispensation of grace the moral law is of no use or obligation because faith alone is necessary to salvation
        2.) one who rejects a socially established morality

        Antinomy --
        1.) a contradiction between two apparently equally valid principles or between inferences correctly drawn on from such principles
        2.) conflict (as of principles, ideas, or aspirations) insoluble in the light of available knowledge
        syn: see PARADOX.

        Interesting.....