Re: war powers government

  • Occupant Family
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 12, 2004
      Greetings,

      I must respectfully object to and disagree with the below comment and reference
      to any compelled performance as a "principle"! My specific reasons being these case
      quotes from the US history:

      "When a change of government takes place, from a monarchical to a republican government, the old form is dissolved. Those who lived under it, and did not chuse to become members of the new had a right to refuse their allegiance to it, and to retire elsewhere. By being a part of the society subject to the old government, they had not entered into any engagement to become subject to any new form the majority might think proper to adopt. That the majority shall prevail, is a rule posterior to the formation of government, and results from it. It is not a rule binding upon mankind in their natural state. There, every man is independent of all laws, except those prescribed by nature. He is not bound by any institutions formed by his fellow-men without his consent."
       Cruden v. Neale, cited as 2 NC 338                                            IN THE SUPERIOR COURT [2 N.C.] WILMINGTON MAY TERM, 1796

      And this one:

      "The only reason, I believe, that a free man is bound by human law is, that he binds himself."

      Chisom v Georgia, 2 US (Dall) 419, 455  USSCt. 1794

      NOTE* BOTH CASES SITED are pre-civil war!

      If anyone thinks he can "compel performance" upon any other man absent a
      contractual nexus, let him bring forth his proofs... any such which would be
      in direct violation of the Anti-Peonage laws.

      Since there is evidence to substantiate the claim that we are all now "servants/slaves
      or the United States" via application for government benenfits, what is the problem?
      As slaves we cannot be held responsible for our actions. Any harm, damage or injury
      we cause is the direct responsiblity of our Master. Let him take the blame!

      Deo volente,
      Jim

      Blessed be the Lord my rock, that teacheth my hands to war,
      and my fingers to fight. Psalms 144:1
      On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 13:35:12 -0500 <jm367@...> writes:
      The principle, on which the war was waged by the North, was simply this: That men may rightfully be compelled to submit to, and support, a government that they do not want; and that resistance, on their part, makes them traitors and criminals.