Declatory Judgment

  • Sacs1@mindspring.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 11, 2004
      I want to file a declatory judgment pertaining to a number of specific laws
      because the judge I have does whatever he wants and ignores the real laws. I
      want to set him up for a 42 USC 1983, which requires the judge to violate a
      declatory judgment before you can sue him for civil righs violations. Does
      anyone have any experiece with this? I assume my course would be toI file
      the declatary judgment and then after it is ruled on (by a jury in my state)
      file my motions on the laws that were declared. If the judge ignores the
      laws that were declared, this is where he is at fault.

      Steve C.
    • Majic man
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 21, 2004
        I don't have a lot of knowledge in this area, a friend of mine filed
        a Petition for Declatory Judgment and Injunctive Relief. At the Grand
        Jury "they" failed to address the issues presented in the petition.
        Sidestepped as usual. I have heard those types of suits are difficult
        (article 42) until you can overcome the judge being put in (his)
        ministerial capacity (under Oath, w/o immunity) rather than staying
        in their judicial capacity (la la land w/ immunity.)