Al Thompson Update October 11, 2004

  • william moore
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2004
      Al Thompson Update October 11, 2004

      As per an October 8, 2004, telephone conversation with Maureen Price, the Court Deputy for Frank C. Damrell, Junior, the next scheduled court date for Al Thompson is a pre-trial conference on January, 21, 2005.

      Al again asked that we please be sure to thank everyone who has been kind enough to help him. It would be good if you could write Al a letter or maybe even have a book store send him a book.

      Al is now going into his third month of captivity, and regardless of what the Judge, Frank C. Damrell, Junior, said on the record at the Hearing on September 17, 2004, Al still does not have access to a pen, or a law library, or Counsel of his choice.

      Al is now receiving some of his mail and he now has access to some paper and a three inch long pencil.

      If Al is to file any documents on his own behalf he is required to hand write seven copies with the three inch long pencil and he only has access to a pencil sharpener for two hours per day.

      Without access to a law library, or Counsel of his choice or even a pen what chance do you imagine that Al Thompson has coming up against the United States Department of Justice in the pre-trial conference on January, 21, 2005? Is the United States Department of Justice so limited in their ability to honestly win a case that they have to stack the deck in their favor to such a degree? Is the name Department of Justice perhaps a misnomer?

      Below is a report from Joe Banister regarding Al Thompson’s situation. It is From Freedom Above Fortune News:

      “Our Servant Government Again Swings Its Big Stick”

      Dear Friends,

      Many of you will recall Al Thompson, one of the courageous business owners who
      agreed to be featured in a full page U.S.A. Today advertisement in order to
      alert the public about the true requirements of federal withholding laws. In
      typical underhanded fashion, federal and state tax apparatuses have worked very
      hard to destroy these men since the ad was published.

      Showing even more courage in the face of government-sponsored dirty tricks, Al
      placed his Department of Justice oppressors in a difficult position by forcing
      them to grapple with the truth. A federal court had ordered Al to file payroll
      tax documents pursuant to Department of Justice request. Al clarified with the
      court that any of these forms filed should be true and correct and the court
      told him to work such details out with the Department of Justice. Al agreed to
      sign the payroll tax forms entitled "Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return" if
      the Department of Justice oppressors would simply certify that Al was an
      "employer" (see the top heading of the form
      http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f941.pdf ) and a "person", words having unique
      and limited definitions as reflected in the Internal Revenue Code that do not
      necessarily conform with what the public might consider those terms to mean in
      everyday usage. Rather than produce such a certification, a simple act if
      indeed the statutory law included Al within its scope, the Department of Justice
      returned to court and told the judge that Al was in violation of the court order
      and should be held in contempt of court. Al was arrested and has been held in
      the Sacramento County Jail ever since.

      Hopefully those who have been paying attention to the efforts of the "Tax
      Honesty Movement" are seeing a pattern here. Rather than provide simple answers
      and/or explanations to simple questions and/or clarification requests about the
      explicit language of statutes and regulations, whether it be in response to my
      attempts to get answers from the IRS while I served as one of the agency's own
      criminal investigators, or Al's attempts as a conscientious businessman to
      obtain clarification regarding withholding requirements, or the thousands of
      other Americans who have made similar inquiries, the government always reaches
      for the club rather than a chair at the discussion table.

      Ask yourself, who reaches for a club rather than a chair when a citizen requests such clarification, a government operating with the consent of the governed or a group of unaccountable tyrants? Does the language of the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution give any indication that our government was to be run by a group of unaccountable tyrants or does the language of these documents indicate that we were distancing ourselves from a group of unaccountable tyrants?

      Al has given permission to publish a letter he recently wrote to me that provides more details about his recent experiences. I hope that you will consider writing to him. His address is:

      Walter Allen Thompson
      #4028467
      5W101
      651 "I" Street
      Sacramento, California 95814-2400.

      As a word of caution, remember that your name and what you say in your letter will not be private because jail facilities routinely examine the contents of letters and may record the names and other identifying information of the letter's author. Exercise appropriate judgment. If you do write, providing websites such as www.freedomabovefortune.com and www.hearliberty.com and any other useful information may provide an opportunity to show Al's captors that he is a principled political prisoner fighting for honesty in taxation rather than some type of criminal. Remember that also Al may not be able to respond unless you send him a stamp and envelope. Al's letter follows:

      ~~~~

      Dear Joe,

      Thank you very much for your letter. I'm getting more mail and that is a big help in keeping my spirits up. So far this year has been rough, to say the least. I've lost my wife of 32 years, my business closed on September 1, and my house is being foreclosed and the government is trying to seize it through court action. I'm being hammered from all sides by the "government".

      I am being held, since August 11th, 2004, for contempt of court because I will not obey an alleged court order to file 941s and W2s. Back around May 7th, 2004
      I had asked the DOJ to certify at (sic) I am an "employer" and a "person".
      Their response was a call for my arrest for contempt. It seems that the DOJ wants me to "merely follow the law but neglects to tell me what it is. No surprise there but it is amazing to see this nonsense play out in real life. Imagine getting an order to supposedly to (sic) follow the law and then not being able to find out what it is and to whom it applies.

      My position is very simple. I will not lie on any forms. If I did fill out the 941s I would have to lie and make false statements. I fear God more than I do the court. So here I am, in the Sacramento County jail not known (sic) when I can be released. This could go on for some time. This is clearly a false arrest and the liability mounts up daily.

      In one of our conversations a few months ago, we talked about once we knew the truth, we couldn't go back. This case is a classic battle between the truth and the lie. The government refuses to certify, under the penalty of perjury, by a competent witness that I am an "employer" or a "person".

      What is important to note is that the codes are not the law, but they are only evidence of the law. Codes and statutes are two separate things. When I asked the DOJ for statutes they gave me the codes which is not sufficient evidence of the "law".

      So, without statutes and substantive regulations, there is no force and effect of law. See Chrysler vs. Brown Supreme Court 1979. In addition we've recently found that: 1. The internal revenue laws were repealed, 2. The seals from the internal revenue service don't match the official seals of the government, and 3. Per treasury orders 150-01 and 150-02 we find that it appears that the IRS offices have been decommissioned.

      Think about this a minute. I am expected to file returns on a law that's been repealed. And if per chance I was wrong on the repeal, then why can't the government produce the law? The government refuses to produce the liability.
      (People can go to my website and read about the repeal at
      www.thompsonnews.blogspot.com)
      That's really nothing new, but it does confirm in my mind that I have done the right thing even at such a high cost to me personally.

      I'm certainly not the only one who has suffered great personal loss. Many other who went before me have suffered in their desire to discover the truth. I think about Dick Simkanin everyday. All of us a (sic) prisoners and slaves to this evil called income tax. Until this problem is solved, everyone will live under its bondage.

      This is a classic battle between the truth and the lie. My fear God (sic) is the motivation that keeps me going along with the love and appreciation of the truth. If I were to fill out the forms, even with disclaimers, I believe that I would be appeasing just another lie to save myself from [incarceration]. I'm not going to do that. I believe that is wrong and that I would be living just to save my own hide.

      The Jail experience here is a bit harsh. We're locked down 22 out of 24 hours.
      But it has allowed me some spiritual growth I otherwise would not have had. My faith in God, Jesus Christ, and the truth is much stronger than it was, and I know that whatever I will endure is nothing like the wrath of God on whom it will be inflicted. Having a healthy fear of God is wisdom and many of our public officials don't have wisdom. In fact, many want to put the "state" into the position of God. It won't and cannot work.

      Thanks for writing Joe, and if you publish this letter please encourage people to write to me and Dick Simkanin.

      Best regards,

      Al

      ~~~~

      If you would like to ask how Al is being treated while he is there in the Sacramento County Jail you may contact:

      Lou Blanas, d.b.a. Sacramento County Sheriff

      By: Telephone at: (916) 874-7146

      Or

      By: E-Mail at: sheriff@...

      Or

      By: Mail at:

      Lou Blanas, d.b.a. Sacramento County Sheriff
      c/o Sacramento Sheriff's Department
      c/o 711 “G” Street
      Sacramento, California [95814]

      ~~~~

      The next scheduled court date for Al Thompson is a pre-trial conference on January, 21, 2005.

      Case #

      CIV S-03-1532 UNITED STATES v. WALTER THOMPSON, et al

      ~~~~

      To contact the Court:

      One may Fax Maureen Price, the Court Deputy for Frank C. Damrell, Junior in Sacramento to ask why she and Judge, Frank C. Damrell, Junior, are WILLFULLY PARTISIPATING in this TRAVESTY of JUSTICE when, by now, they must know that the bogus US agency failed to exhaust Administrative Remedy prior to their requesting that the bogus US Attorney file the bogus Complaint for Permanent Injunction:

      Or:

      One may Fax other documents to Maureen Price the Court Deputy for Judge Frank C. Damrell, Junior, in Sacramento:

      Fax: (916) 491-3932.

      ~~~~

      One may e-mail Maureen Price, the Court Deputy Frank C. Damrell, Junior in
      Sacramento to ask why they are allowing this travesty of justice to continue:

      Or:

      One may e-mail other documents to Maureen Price the Court Deputy for Judge
      Frank C. Damrell, Junior, in Sacramento:

      E-Mail Address is: mprice@...

      ~~~~

      One may call the Court Deputy for Judge Frank C. Damrell, Junior, in Sacramento to ask why they are allowing this travesty of justice to continue:

      Ph (916) 930-4163

      ~~~~

      One may call the Office of the Clerk in Sacramento to ask why they are allowing this travesty of justice to continue:

      Ph: (916) 930 - 4000. Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

      ~~~~

      One may call the Court Deputy for the Chief Judge ,David F. Levi, in Sacramento to ask why they are allowing this travesty of justice to continue:

      Ph (916) 930-4090

      Or

      One may Fax documents to the Court Deputy for Chief Judge, David F. Levi, in Sacramento:

      Fax: (916) 491-3928.

      ~~~~

      Thank you for your help,

      Bill.