Colorado Department of Rev. NOD

  • rocketmankennyknappcom
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2004
      Group,

      Does anyone have any experience with Colorado Department of Revenue on
      NOD and penalties for "willful failure to file"?

      Their first letter said they had reviewed my account (I never opened
      an account) and I had not filed returns required to be filed under
      C.R.S Sec. 39-22-601 and I qualify as an individual required to make a
      return under provisions of IRC 6012.

      I replied with questions about which part of C.R.S Sec. 39-22-601
      exactly were they referencing and where in the IRC was I required to
      make a return since Sec. 6012 doesn't make anyone liable.

      Their response was a NOD and a "willful failure to file" penalty. No
      questions answered. They did say I could appeal which is my
      intention. I have been based out of Las Vegas, NV for the last few
      years. I asked for their supporting evidence but their "unsigned"
      reply provided nothing of the sort.

      I have threatened some legal actions against IRS employees based in
      Colorado and a Colorado County Recorder for illegal actions against a
      Colorado corporation I am a co-owner of and I think they are sharing
      information trying to
      raise the bar against me.

      Just looking for more info to use against them.

      Kenny
    • Bob law
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 12, 2004
        Kenny,
        Are you the fiduciary who is "required" to make the
        return (i.e. the Secretary or Treasurer depending upon
        your articles of incorporation)?

        You further said:
        .....I qualify as an individual
        > required to make a
        > return under provisions of IRC 6012.
        [Why is this so, according to your reasonable belief?]

        > Their response was a NOD and a "willful failure to
        > file" penalty. No
        > questions answered.
        [If they did not reply when they had a legal or moral
        obligation to do so you understand they have already
        violated the law.]

        > I have threatened some legal actions against IRS
        > employees based in
        > Colorado and a Colorado County Recorder for illegal
        > actions against a
        > Colorado corporation I am a co-owner of and I think
        > they are sharing
        > information trying to
        > raise the bar against me.
        [What is the basis of your action?]