Sanctions against attorney

  • Harold
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2004
      To make a short story long, the lawyer for my soon to be ex wife did a
      couple of things. His biggest mistake is that he sent me copies of
      papers he filed with the court that were not the same as what he filed
      with the court. I found this out when I came to the divorce
      presentation because of what I thought was a mistake in his paper. He
      stated my monthly child support payment as a weekly amount.

      When I showed my copy to the judge, he looked at his copies and they
      were not the same. I found out about 3 days later that he sent the
      proposed final decree (which I never did get) back to her attorney to
      have some of it rewritten.

      So it looks like he lied to the court. I would guess that the rewrite
      was because the judge reread his work after the "mistake" with the filing.

      So, what is the correct way to request a sanction against her attorney
      for fraud in the court?