Insurance required but denied upon application

  • SnapDragonTexas
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 26, 2004
      I was just denied insurance coverage because I have an international driving
      permit but not a State license. Any thoughts? SDT
    • Tim Kiley
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 26, 2004
        Try Mercury. For years I had the same thing and my car was not
        registered-no plates.

        They insured me on my name and the VIN...

        On Thursday, August 26, 2004, at 10:31 PM, SnapDragonTexas wrote:

        > I was just denied insurance coverage because I have an international
        > driving
        > permit but not a State license. Any thoughts? SDT

        God bless you,

        Tim Kiley

        ************************

        "Formerly we suffered from crimes;
        now we suffer from laws." --Publius Cornelius Tacitus

        "If a tree falls in the forest, and there is nobody around to hear it,
        does its falling make a noise?

        If freedom is abolished and nobody in the country notices, did anything
        bad happen?" --ICE

        This email transmission, including attachments, is intended only for the
        person or entity (or e-mail list) to which it is addressed and may
        contain
        confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission,
        dissemination or other use of, or taking any action in reliance upon,
        this information by persons or
        entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
      • David L. Miner
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 26, 2004
          If your State has a financial responsibility law, then post a bond. Or join
          one of the several groups available that spreads the risk across a large
          number of members, similar to but definitely different from standard
          insurance companies.

          Yours in freedom,

          Dave Miner
          www.FreedomSite.net

          ---
        • hobot
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 26, 2004
            Try Progresive, They will do it as foriegn lic which
            means they charge you more. But as its just the credit
            checks and SSN off Dr. Lic that they are interested in
            you might get them to both accept the IDP and no extra
            fee if you give SSN to be used tempory then deleted
            after they see credit worthness. So tell em you can
            provide US credit info then give IMP number for policy.
            I've used IMP's for a decade till 9/11 and it expired.
            Have rented vehicles with it.

            hobot

            SnapDragonTexas wrote:

            > I was just denied insurance coverage because I have an
            > international driving
            > permit but not a State license. Any thoughts? SDT
            >
            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            > [click here]

            > Service.
            >
            > Name: winmail.dat
            > winmail.dat Type: WJVIEW File (application/ms-tnef)
            > Encoding: base64
          • Alfred Adask
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 26, 2004
              Was the denial in writing?  Do you have a witness to an oral denial?  Did you create and/or file an affidavit of the denial?  Evidence of the denial may serve your interests should you be stopped and "charged" with driving without insurance.

              If they won't give you insurance without a State-issued license, then you might be able to argue that the only thing they could ticket you for is not having a state-issued license.  They shouldn't be able to charge for not having insurance, if its' impossible for you to get insurance.  Thus, they might only be able to prosecute you for no DL.  If you can learn to defeat that charge, then you might be able to travel without a state-issued license or insurance.

              Alfred Adask

              SnapDragonTexas <allih@...> wrote:
              I was just denied insurance coverage because I have an international driving
              permit but not a State license. Any thoughts?  SDT

              > ATTACHMENT part 2 application/ms-tnef name=winmail.dat

              http://www.antishyster.net
              without prejudice to my God-given, unalienable Rights
              at arm's length
              Alfred Adask

              Do you Yahoo!?

            • tthor.geo
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 27, 2004
                Get a state license from some state [like, duh!]. The International
                Driver Permit, at least as offered through AAA, is not valid UNLESS
                ACCOMPANIED by a valid driver license. Even then, the IDP is not valid
                in the country you live in, only in "foreign" countries.

                "SnapDragonTexas" <allih@e...> wrote:
                > I was just denied insurance coverage because I have an international
                driving
                > permit but not a State license. Any thoughts? SDT
              • Dessie Andrews
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 28, 2004
                  You can also claim your car on a UCC form, write a bond for $500,000.00
                  covering the car and be in compliance with the Finanacial Responsibility
                  Act. One can not be compelled to a commercial contract.
                • Fly Eagle
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 28, 2004
                    In a sense, isn't that what is being done? They are saying You are trying to use "it" lets say in the STATE OF CALIFORNIA (a federal State within a state) and You tell them it is being used on California state roads, which is "foreign" to the afore mentioned corporation.

                    Larry...

                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004

                          Put UCC Form in Google.  A bond is a bond.  A bond for financial responsibility is technically a surety bond.  It simply states that the man or woman is solvent and financially responsible.

                          Where would I get a UCC form? and what does this 'bond' look like? I have a Surety Bond that I've used before---are they similar?   Thanks  SDT

                          You can also claim your car on a UCC form, write a bond for $500,000.00
                          covering the car and be in compliance with the Finanacial Responsibility
                          Act.  One can not be compelled to a commercial contract.

                        • KC
                          Message 12 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004

                            While many of you are still working with insurance, I have been involved for many years in the assurance (not insurance) or private side of the issue, currently I am involved in a new auto bond venture that supersedes Liberty and Silver will. I have a million dollar full coverage bond and it covers all the known states requirements for the financial responsibility requirements. As most of you know the law does not state that you carry insurance, it requires you to maintain evidence of financial responsibility… this program does. For more information you can contact me directly at kctps1@... as you must be invited to join this private group.

                            Where would I get a UCC form? and what does this 'bond' look like? I have a Surety Bond that I've used before---are they similar?   Thanks  SDT

                            You can also claim your car on a UCC form, write a bond for $500,000.00
                            covering the car and be in compliance with the Finanacial Responsibility
                            Act.  One can not be compelled to a commercial contract.

                            ---
                            Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

                          • sufi202@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 13 , Sep 2, 2004
                              would like to know how does one get issuance for vehicles? email me back at sufi202@.... You can call me at 804-633-390 home number. cannot call out but you can call me. Need information as soon as possible. c/o 9296 Guinea Station Road Woodford[near 22580] Virginia

                              --
                              Susie Arlene Fish