What is an Unverified Pleading???

  • ibbblank
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 23, 2004
      My ex parte was dismissed because it was an UNVERIFIED PLEADING

      I went to the law library but couldn't find an such term???
    • Dessie Andrews
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 24, 2004
        Whenever you put ANY pleading into the court, I believe it should be
        accompanied by an affidavit. Either an affidavit of fact, to put credence
        into your pleadings, or to VERIFY that everything you put in your pleadings
        are of your own personal knowledge are true and correct.

        Some pleadings require verification. It appears that you are attempting to
        play in their courts without a copy of the rules. A fatal mistake.

        My ex parte was dismissed because it was an UNVERIFIED PLEADING

        I went to the law library but couldn't find an such term???

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Don Schwarz
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 24, 2004
          I agree, I believe all statements entered into the record that are not
          documented events, then you have to submit a sworn affidavit.

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 24, 2004
            --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, "Dessie Andrews" <dessieandrews@e...>
            wrote: Whenever you put ANY pleading into the court, I believe it should be

            -----Original Message----- From: ibbblank [mailto:ssstephens.1@j...] Sent: Friday, July 23,
            2004 8:49 PM To: tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com Subject: [tips_and_tricks] What is an Unverified Pleading???

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 24, 2004
              Actually, I have presented the exact same Ex Prate, and won.

              I cannot figure out what is wrong with this one????

              Same format -- with almost the same declaration.

              1

            • jm367@bellsouth.net
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 24, 2004
                You must assert solemnly that your plea is true.  Sign it and execute as of a day month and year.  Attorneys verify on belief and information.  Federal rules say the signature is verification.
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 24, 2004
                  I read your information about the pleading and the lack of the verification.
                  I think that you should get to know the NOLO BOOK COMPANY.
                  This company nolo books is at I think nolo@... or something similar in california and is one of the best book companies innorthamerica. and should be used by everyone who believesin justice, and especially all IN PRO PER OR PROSE LITIGANTS, I.E. THOSE WITHOUT A LAWYER.
                  VERY CHEAP BOOKS TOO,
                  OR CALL THE LAW BOOK STORE IN LA PALMA ON EUCLID OR NEAR EUCLID AVE. AND THEY MAY have some second hand books for you.
                  The owner is a profoundly helpful persona, and will go a little overboard for prose litigants..
                  He also sends books to prisons for litigants in prison.
                  He is a fantastic person.
                  and has all types of law books,
                  go there if you are ever there inthearea.

                  ibbblank <ssstephens.1@...> wrote:
                  --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, "Dessie Andrews"
                  wrote: Whenever you put ANY pleading into the court, I believe it should be
                  accompanied by an affidavit. Either an affidavit of fact, to put credence into your pleadings, or to VERIFY that everything you put in your pleadings are of your own personal knowledge are true and correct.

                  Some pleadings require verification. It appears that you are attempting to play in their courts without a copy of the rules. A fatal mistake.

                  -----Original Message----- From: ibbblank [mailto:ssstephens.1@j...] Sent: Friday, July 23,
                  2004 8:49 PM To: tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com Subject: [tips_and_tricks] What is an Unverified Pleading???

                  My ex parte was dismissed because it was an UNVERIFIED PLEADING

                  I went to the law library but couldn't find an such term???

                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                  http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/aQSolB/TM

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • Occupant Family
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 1, 2004
                    The court will not hear an unsworn party! The cases are in
                    Black's Law Dictionary under same!

                    -----
                  • jm367@bellsouth.net
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 1, 2004
                      I agree.  I meant affirm where I typed assert.  Those who don't mind swearing can swear.