Re: [tips_and_tricks] What is the difference between a declaration and an aff...

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 7, 2004
      On Jul 7, 2004, at 12:12 PM, Nilbux@... wrote:

      > Affidavits are nothing without a notary seal.

      Actually, three witnesses are just as good.
    • Alfred Adask
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 7, 2004
        I'm not convinced that either form absolutely requires
        a notary seal. Under 28 USC 1746 (if I recall
        correctly) it is possible for a solitary individual to
        verify his own documents under the penalty of perjury
        with "like force and effect" of a notarization.

        Alfred Adask

        --- Nilbux@... wrote:
        > Affidavits are nothing without a notary seal.
        >
        > Do declarations require a seal?

        =====
        http://www.antishyster.net
        without prejudice to my God-given, unalienable Rights
        at arm's length
        Alfred Adask

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • Don Schwarz
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 8, 2004
          In Mass under MGL 268A 1 or 268 1A, (?) if you sign
          under pains and penalties, you don't need a notary.

          Check your state laws.

          At 03:12 PM 7/7/04 -0400, you wrote:
          >Affidavits are nothing without a notary seal.
          >
          >Do declarations require a seal?
        • Dessie Andrews
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 8, 2004

            No.  They require the statement as shown in 28 USC 1746.  Your statement reflects whether you are within or without the United States .  (Hint:  All the IRS agents state they are within)

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 10, 2004
              Massachusetts does recognize this.

              At 06:32 PM 7/7/04 -0700, you wrote:
              >I'm not convinced that either form absolutely requires
              >a notary seal. Under 28 USC 1746 (if I recall
            • Legalbear
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 10, 2004

                Actually, three witnesses are just as good.

                FF:  I would say you need an actual authoritative basis for saying this in each state.  We tried to recuse a judge using three witnesses and he refused to recuse based on the absence of a notary seal on our recusal papers.  We ended up redoing our papers and taking them to a notary.  Then the judge had to recuse.  Bear

                PHONE #s: 970-330-3883/720-203-5142 c.  For mailing:  Excellence Unlimited, 2830 27th St. Ln. #B115, Greeley , CO  80634

                BEAR'S WEB PAGES:

                www.legal-research-video.com

                www.legalbears.com

                www.freedivorceforms.net