Re: [tips_and_tricks] What is the difference between a declaration and an aff...

  • Nilbux@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 7, 2004
      Affidavits are nothing without a notary seal.

      Do declarations require a seal?
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 7, 2004
        On Jul 7, 2004, at 12:12 PM, Nilbux@... wrote:

        > Affidavits are nothing without a notary seal.

        Actually, three witnesses are just as good.
      • Alfred Adask
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 7, 2004
          I'm not convinced that either form absolutely requires
          a notary seal. Under 28 USC 1746 (if I recall
          correctly) it is possible for a solitary individual to
          verify his own documents under the penalty of perjury
          with "like force and effect" of a notarization.

          Alfred Adask

          --- Nilbux@... wrote:
          > Affidavits are nothing without a notary seal.
          >
          > Do declarations require a seal?

          =====
          http://www.antishyster.net
          without prejudice to my God-given, unalienable Rights
          at arm's length
          Alfred Adask

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        • Don Schwarz
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 8, 2004
            In Mass under MGL 268A 1 or 268 1A, (?) if you sign
            under pains and penalties, you don't need a notary.

            Check your state laws.

            At 03:12 PM 7/7/04 -0400, you wrote:
            >Affidavits are nothing without a notary seal.
            >
            >Do declarations require a seal?
          • Dessie Andrews
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 8, 2004

              No.  They require the statement as shown in 28 USC 1746.  Your statement reflects whether you are within or without the United States .  (Hint:  All the IRS agents state they are within)

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 10, 2004
                Massachusetts does recognize this.

                At 06:32 PM 7/7/04 -0700, you wrote:
                >I'm not convinced that either form absolutely requires
                >a notary seal. Under 28 USC 1746 (if I recall
              • Legalbear
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 10, 2004

                  Actually, three witnesses are just as good.

                  FF:  I would say you need an actual authoritative basis for saying this in each state.  We tried to recuse a judge using three witnesses and he refused to recuse based on the absence of a notary seal on our recusal papers.  We ended up redoing our papers and taking them to a notary.  Then the judge had to recuse.  Bear

                  PHONE #s: 970-330-3883/720-203-5142 c.  For mailing:  Excellence Unlimited, 2830 27th St. Ln. #B115, Greeley , CO  80634

                  BEAR'S WEB PAGES:

                  www.legal-research-video.com

                  www.legalbears.com

                  www.freedivorceforms.net