Utah Dist. Ct. on pro se repr. of trusts

  • Legalbear
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2004

      From: David L. Miner [mailto:dminer@...]
      Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 8:15 PM
      To: tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [tips_and_tricks] Utah Dist. Ct. on pro se repr. of trusts

      Bear --

      You said: "A trust is an artificial entity created by law, whether common or statutory, and as such cannot appear in court pro se as a natural person. "

      No, the Utah Court said that.  Look at my highlight in your quote.  I think the judge addresses what you talk about below.

      Not true of an unincorporated business trust organization, sometimes called a pure trust or a constitutional trust.  These types of trusts are created by common law right to contract and are not created by any statute.  In fact, there are court cases that state these types of trusts are not subject to statutory law.  Even the IRS has admitted in writing that these trusts are not subject to the Internal Revenue Code.  One of the many advantages of business trusts over statutory trusts.

      Don't know anything about pro se representation, I just know they are not statutory creations.  Don't know of any court cases covering this particular issue.  I'll do some research on it and get back to you.

      Yours in freedom,

      Dave Miner
      www.FreedomSite.net

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2004
        In a message dated 7/1/2004 11:15:21 PM Central Daylight Time, bear@... writes:

        Not true of an unincorporated business trust organization, sometimes called a pure trust or a constitutional trust.  These types of trusts are created by common law right to contract and are

        Art.1, Sect. 10. USC essentialy proscribes license and zoning laws. (".....pass any law impairing the obligations of contracts.")
        Does every reader see this?
      • Bob law
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 3, 2004
          Bear,
          Dave is correct here in that the U.B.T.O. is similar
          in nature to a Masachusett's trust, which is a
          non-statutory, pure, common law trust which is outside
          the IRC or any other governmental authority as it's
          existance was not created by government, but by the
          author of government itself.
          The U.B.T.O. is known by several other names, which
          the IRS has tried to hold as "illegal tax avoidance
          schemes", or "abusive tax shelters", but to date, this
          has not had a great deal of success as it is not the
          "entity" itself which is abusive, but it is the way it
          functions due to the ignorance of the participants in
          it's operations that make it abusive..i.m.h.o.
          Later,
          Bob L.

          From: David L. Miner [mailto:dminer@...]

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail