RE: [tips_and_tricks] Advice on auto accident

  • Mark E
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 8, 2004
      Dessie,

      That's OK.  It seems that there might be a happy ending after all.

      Instead of waiting for the "process" to move along, I decided to take matters in to my own hands.

      Since the driver gave me an insurance card from a different vehicle, I played dumb and called that insurance company with the claim.  I gave them the tag number, along with the vehicles registered owner/address.  They came back a few hours later stating that they would start the claim.  They simply need to contact the other party to verify the accident.

      It shouldn't have any negative impact, as I have all their info, plus 2 witnesses.  So I sentover my estimate and hopefully they will fix my car!

      I will post more when I hear back.

      Thanks for all the feedback.

      Mark

      Dessie Andrews <dessieandrews@...> wrote:

      If you were in Texas, you would send a claim to the Texas State Comptroller.  She�s the one in charge of the fleet of vehicles which belong to the state, which would include your car and the lady�s car.  Since your car belongs to the state and when you don�t comply and buy insurance for their vehicle, they have to stand good for the damage.  I�d find out who the Treasurer or comptroller of the state of PA is and send her/him a claim for damages.