Another cause for dismissal??

  • randssmith@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 6, 2004
      Hi,
      You may recall my getting ticketed for parking my WIFES van in the
      disabled slot of a food store parking lot.
      I appeared in court two weeks ago and I answered for the ticket and got
      a continuance to june 18.

      Two days ago my WIFE got a bill from the ct for the SAME TICKET stating
      that the fine (now increased) remains unpaid, warrant may be
      issued,.....

      Did they ere in doing this?
      Or is it legit because the van is my WIFES and I have not yet pleaded?
    • Nilbux@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 7, 2004
        I'm womdering if the parking lot being privarte property,
        does the court have any jurisdiction as long as you
        were not charged with tresspassing?

        Will someone please comment on this?

      • hilton27360
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 7, 2004
          --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, randssmith@w... wrote:
          > Hi,
          > You may recall my getting ticketed for parking my WIFES van in the
          > disabled slot of a food store parking lot.
          > I appeared in court two weeks ago and I answered for the ticket and
          got a continuance

          You consented to the courts jurisdiction by your request for
          continuance ......so, stand and deliver..game over.

          the facts in contention were:
          1 a bill for X frn
          2 a collection agency dba the city of _________
          3 the national fair debt collections practices act

          All of which you failed to assert, and instead
          resorted to "code pleading"
        • frogfrmr@frogfarm.org
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 14, 2004
            On Monday, June 7, 2004, at 10:44 AM, hilton27360 wrote:

            > --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, randssmith@w... wrote:
            >> Hi,
            >> You may recall my getting ticketed for parking my WIFES van in the
            >> disabled slot of a food store parking lot.
            >> I appeared in court two weeks ago and I answered for the ticket and
            > got a continuance
            >
            > You consented to the courts jurisdiction by your request for
            > continuance ......so, stand and deliver..game over.

            You got that right! Why do people not understand the concept of giving
            the jurisdiction issue away?

            > the facts in contention were:
            > 1 a bill for X frn

            Actually, they never ask for FRNs, at least not lawfully, and I have had
            cases dismissed when they were caught doing so. The money of account of
            the United states (another concept most Americans fail to comprehend) is
            measured in "dollars". Everyone should know that FRNs are not dollars.

            > 2 a collection agency dba the city of _________

            Did the collection agency receive a legitimate delegation of authority
            from a legitimate office holder of the chartered entity? (Never when I
            investigate it!)

            > 3 the national fair debt collections practices act

            Why invoke federal jurisdiction? It admits to so many other "facts"
            which are not true after investigation, but may be stated as facts by
            one willing to waive numerous rights.

            > All of which you failed to assert, and instead
            > resorted to "code pleading"

            And codes are not even "law" in California! (I know this case was not a
            California case, but it is also true in Oregon and Washington, so where
            else is the lie being advanced?) They are merely prima facie evidence,
            and can often be proven to be in error.
          • Nilbux@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 15, 2004
              In a message dated 6/15/2004 12:07:50 PM Central Daylight Time, frogfrmr@... writes:

              the United states (another concept most Americans fail to comprehend) is
              measured in "dollars".  Everyone should know that FRNs are not dollars.

              I have copy of letter from IRS stating that Frns are not dollars,
                 nilbux@...
            • Legalbear
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 15, 2004
                --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, randssmith@w... wrote:
                > Hi,
                > You may recall my getting ticketed for parking my WIFES van in the
                > disabled slot of a food store parking lot.
                > I appeared in court two weeks ago and I answered for the ticket and
                got a continuance

                You consented to the courts jurisdiction by your request for
                continuance ......so, stand and deliver..game over.

                This would only be true if you claimed the court didn't have personal
                jurisdiction. You can't consent to subject matter jurisdiction that is
                lacking.

                the facts in contention were:
                1 a bill for X frn
                2 a collection agency dba the city of _________
                3 the national fair debt collections practices act

                All of which you failed to assert, and instead
                resorted to "code pleading"

                If you resorted to the "national fair debt collections practices act" as a
                defense you would be code pleading as well. I suspect you would be hard
                pressed under that act to prove the city was acting as a debt collector.

                PHONE #s: 970-330-3883/720-203-5142 c. For mailing: Excellence Unlimited,
                2830 27th St. Ln. #B115, Greeley, CO 80634

                BEAR'S WEB PAGES:

                www.legal-research-video.com
                www.legalbears.com
                www.freedivorceforms.net