Getting the Record w/ today's technology - Re: using a digital camera to copy reference material - your success.....

  • Ed
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2004
      Subject: [JAIL-SoundOff] using a digital camera to copy reference material - your success.....

      Does anyone in any of the groups posted, have a quick and cheap method of
      using a digital camera to "photo" pages of a book etc., then to download such
      into a computer file? Tell me if and how you have done this, not that it can be done.
      I did this. Here is how to beat Concealment of the Record & Extortion by the Court Reporter.

      I could not afford copy of the transcripts from the Court Reporter. So I went to the Court of Appeals, where the transcripts were, with a portable scanner. I was permitted to 'view' the transcripts in a 'library'. While there I ran each page through the scanner and loaded them into the notebook computer I had with me.

      You can also use a hand-held scanner to get pages from books. Today you could load these into a notebook OR a PDA.

      Today the same could be done with a digital camera as a substitute for a scanner. A 'scanner', actually, is just a 'photo' of the document. Convert the 'photo', from the format it is stored in, to a 'tif' file using the appropriate conversion software.

      These 'tif' files can then be run through a OCR program (Optical Character Recognition) so that you have it in 'editable text'. This text can then be cut & pasted into a MS word or other word processing document.

      In the never-ending quest, of some, to Obstruct Justice, in promotion of their secret Anti-American Philosophy of Law, new obstacles have been created. Such as the one encountered by Chacon. When I did this there were no 'screeners' at the entrance to our Court of Appeals. Today there are.

      Ed
      www.informed.org