How would I sue an Assemblywoman in California?

  • ibbblank
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 2, 2004
      Do I need to get permission, as one does when sueing a city official?
      Whom would I get that permission from?
    • Debt Nemesis Mail
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 3, 2004
        You would file a notice and/or claim with the insurance commissioner (usually prescribed by statute, pretty easy to follow).  Then they can make an agreement with you or refuse to answer.  Either way, you take the next step, if they don't answer or reject it, then the court has jurisdiction.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 3, 2004
          Why would you need to get permission to sue an individual?
          We are suing a school district in federal court without permission.
          The federal Government is the only entity that I know of that you might need permission to sue.
          Paul from chicago
        • ibbblank
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 8, 2004
            It is what I was told. So, I asked for "permission" from the Attorney
            General. In our city we must ask for permission to sue the city, so,
            I believed the person who told me I had to get permission to sue an
            Assemblywoman. If not, all the better. :>)

          • frogfrmr@frogfarm.org
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 14, 2004
              On Wednesday, June 2, 2004, at 05:58 PM, ibbblank wrote:

              > Do I need to get permission, as one does when sueing a city official?
              > Whom would I get that permission from?

              I guess you missed it when I pointed out that in California, the odds on
              one of your mere neighbors taking the required oath of office necessary
              to be considered an office holder by one who waives no rights are indeed
              extra slim. See the California Constitution at Art. XX, section 3.
              Apply all the normal rules of English grammar. Have a good law
              dictionary handy for any words of which you aren't absolutely sure of
              the definition, for example, "all".

              Do you have some reason you want to vest a neighbor with powers over you
              that they otherwise do not have? Apparently, most people alive today DO
              have such a reason, as I find few willing or able to attempt to
              challenge the usurped authority of the elite over the ignorant. In
              three months of trying on the internet, I could not find more than two
              people willing to discuss it.

              This is why I find long discussions over the finer points of law and
              procedure mere mental masturbation
              on the part of people who unconsciously waive all their rights whenever
              it suits someone else who takes it upon themselves to make the request,
              much less a demand to do so.

              "How would I sue an Assemblywoman in California?" is a trick question.

              The answer is: "Show me the name of the neighbor who took and filed the
              required oath of office in order to enter into the duties of the office
              of assemblywoman in California."

              You can't sue what isn't there. Also, consider which mere neighbor you
              are ready to invest with the powers of a judge over you, since you have
              shown that you will waive SOME rights.
            • jm367@bellsouth.net
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 15, 2004
                Have you explored the writ of praemunire as an instrument to correct wayward, oathless public servants ?
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 15, 2004
                  OK, Can I sue a member of her office staff?
                • Legalbear
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 15, 2004
                    It is what I was told. So, I asked for "permission" from the Attorney
                    General. In our city we must ask for permission to sue the city, so,
                    I believed the person who told me I had to get permission to sue an
                    Assemblywoman. If not, all the better. :>)

                    You don't say what you want to sue for. If you want to sue for a general
                    tort, you may need permission because of the 11th Amendment if you want the
                    state to pay the claim. If you are suing her in her personal capacity, the
                    11th amendment doesn't apply. If you are suing under 42 USC 1983 (civil
                    rights violations) in her personal capacity, or, her official capacity for
                    declaratory or injunctive relief, you do not need permission because of the
                    Supremacy Clause. The phrase you would look for is "a waiver of
                    governmental immunity."

                    PHONE #s: 970-330-3883/720-203-5142 c. For mailing: Excellence Unlimited,
                    2830 27th St. Ln. #B115, Greeley, CO 80634

                    BEAR'S WEB PAGES:

                    www.legal-research-video.com
                    www.legalbears.com
                    www.freedivorceforms.net
                    www.irs-armory.com
                    www.legalbearswebmarketing.com
                  • frogfrmr@frogfarm.org
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 4, 2004
                      There can be no such animal as an oathless public servant.

                      Having the oath is a prerequisite to becoming a public servant.

                      Using a writ on a mere neighbor would only encourage more misbehavior.