my first case

  • randssmith@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 4 , May 11, 2004
      About a month ago i took wifes vehicle over the state line to get some
      groceries. I parked in handicap space.
      Iget ticket on winshield.
      Isend ticket in with proof of disability. i write nothing on ticket.
      iget back a bill for the fine
      i again send back proof of disability.
      two days ago i get judges singed letter stating that dismissal(?) is
      denied and fine is due in ten days.

      i did not put any disability sticker on the vehicle because they are
      not t be found anywhere to purchase!!

      What can i do now????
    • Cloverleaf762
      Message 2 of 4 , May 14, 2004
        Don't deal with the devil. Get out of the corporation and you won't have to
        deal with stuff like that.

        About a month ago i took wifes vehicle over the state line to get some
        groceries. I parked in handicap space.
        Iget ticket on winshield.
        Isend ticket in with proof of disability. i write nothing on ticket.
        iget back a bill for the fine
        i again send back proof of disability.
        two days ago i get judges singed letter stating that dismissal(?) is denied
        and fine is due in ten days.

        i did not put any disability sticker on the vehicle because they are not t
        be found anywhere to purchase!!

        What can i do now????

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • jhooper@buehlermotor.com
        Message 3 of 4 , May 14, 2004
          Seeing this email for the first time in Lawyerdude's forum, I would like
          to add some other information to this request... I live in NC, and most
          people (it seems) in the Raleigh area, are from NY. People tell me that
          the fines up there have gone crazy, and the costs are even worse. That's
          all I know about NY, what my friends tell me (who are from there).
          What I question about this issue is why this man didn't have a
          sticker/mirror hanging which says 'handicap spaces are OK.' PA signs will
          work just as well as NY signs, per the reciprocity agreement between the
          states. I don't know how NY law reads, but it seems as though, if he truly
          has a defense by being handicapped then he should prevail, sign on the car
          or not. Knowing the current ticketing situation in NY, I think he will be
          paying the fine... But I also think if he's using a handicapped space at
          the courthouse, when the court date arrives, he can't really lose...

          One thing I can't stand is people who aren't handicapped using the sign
          to get the best parking... Sounds like his car is the only one with the
          'sticker' and his wife doesn't need one on her car, being that it's hers...
          I am a computer guy, I don't know a whole lot about this particular issue,
          I hope collectively, "we" do.

          I would hate to see a handicapped man charged with using a handicapped
          parking space unauthorized...

          Hope someone can help....

          Jamison

          He wrote:
          Yes a car registered in PA where we live. Got the ticket in NY state,
          city of elmira. Had no disability sticker on it, so when i parked in
          disability space i was ticketed.
          Sent ticket back (unchanged) with proof of disability and got judges
          letter back stating that dismissal request denied and fine due by may
          19!

          randssmith@webtv.
          net
          05/12/2004 02:02 tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com
          AM cc

          Subject
          Please respond to [tips_and_tricks] my first case
          tips_and_tricks@y
          ahoogroups.com

          About a month ago i took wifes vehicle over the state line to get some
          groceries. I parked in handicap space.
          Iget ticket on winshield.
          Isend ticket in with proof of disability. i write nothing on ticket.
          iget back a bill for the fine
          i again send back proof of disability.
          two days ago i get judges singed letter stating that dismissal(?) is
          denied and fine is due in ten days.

          i did not put any disability sticker on the vehicle because they are
          not t be found anywhere to purchase!!

          What can i do now????

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • lookin
          Message 4 of 4 , May 15, 2004
            Look at the HC laws of NY. Was this on public or private property?? if
            private then the property owner or manager had to call and make a complaint.
            The police can not just come on to the property and site you with out a
            complaint

            In Penna there must also be the fine and staute posted to be valid.