Emergency Help Needed

  • Michael N. Schluterbusch
    Message 1 of 4 , May 10, 2004
      My good friend Tim has just been railroaded.  He was scheduled for a trial date today.  He called the court to check on status and was told that it was cancelled.  The short-lived good news was shot down when Tim checked his case file at the courthouse: he was NOT NOTIFIED of a pre-trial conference on friday.  Now he has a bench warrant out for his arrest.  What can be done to help?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  BYH

      Michael Schluterbusch
    • Cloverleaf762
      Message 2 of 4 , May 14, 2004
        Message
        Go to the courthouse in propria persona and let them know of the mix up. They will probably bring it before the magistrate right away to get it cleared up. It has been done to me a few times. Sometimes it happens by accident, sometimes it doesn't. If they don't have proof of service nothing bad will come of it. If it continues to happen you can go after the DA for maliciousness. The DA we had was slow to learn until it cost him 1k, so you can keep them in line.
        Message 3 of 4 , May 14, 2004
          What was filed into the case and reflected in the docket that informed him he had not been not notified?  Is there any certificate of service?  Signed by whom & how alleged to have been served?  Where was he when the pre-trial conference notice could have been (or likely had been attempted to be) served? What is his evidence and his conclusions as to why he was not served properly?

          What is the sworn statement (and signed by whom) accompanying the warrant?

          It may be that the facts (fraud - court is without jurisdiction) support a Notice of Void Judgment (decision) filed into his case - and that can be turned into a Mandamus if ignored.

          Wayne

          On Mon, 10 May 2004 09:24:08 -0600 "Michael N. Schluterbusch" <gods-child@...> writes:
          My good friend Tim has just been railroaded.  He was scheduled for a trial date today.  He called the court to check on status and was told that it was cancelled.  The short-lived good news was shot down when Tim checked his case file at the courthouse: he was NOT NOTIFIED of a pre-trial conference on friday.  Now he has a bench warrant out for his arrest.  What can be done to help?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  BYH

          Michael Schluterbusch

        • Dessie Andrews
          Message 4 of 4 , May 15, 2004

            Don’t rely on the telephone for information and put in a surety bond which cancels the failure to appear warrant.