Fw: [tips_and_tricks] Getting Started and getting Ready for Court

  • Dave Miner
    Message 1 of 2 , May 8, 2004

      Wayne --

      Your filing system is excellent, and I congratulate you on developing and maintaining it.  I believe every American should use a filing system something similar to yours.  On the other hand, it is not a filing system, or the lack thereof, that wins any battles against the IRS.

      You receive 16-24 pieces of correspondence from the IRS each year.  I have not filed returns or paid income taxes in 14 years, and I receive no correspondence from the IRS whatsoever.

      Why? Because I am listed in the IRS files as a non-filer.  The IRS cannot by law contact a non-filer and request any info at all, much less pursue them for unpaid taxes.

      It is VERY IMPORTANT to inform the IRS that you are a non-filer, and you are absolutely correct in the importance you place on that issue.  But it is equally important to get the IRS to LABEL you as a non-filer, or else you will still receive from the IRS "16-24 pieces of correspondence from the IRS per year."

      As long as the IRS has you listed as a taxpayer in your Individual Master File, you will have to suffer harassment from the IRS.  You must get the IRS to change your listing in your own IMF or else you will not be free from the IRS.

      If you use a Freedom of Information Act request to get your IMF, you will discover that the IRS has you listed as a taxpayer.  You must then challenge that designation effectively, and then you will be bothered by the IRS no longer.

      That is the key, as stated in the following Court cases:

                  “The revenue laws are a code or a system in regulation of tax assessment and collection.  They relate to taxpayers, and not to non-taxpayers.  The latter are without their scope.  No procedures are prescribed for non-taxpayers, and no attempt is made to annul any of their rights and remedies in due course of law.  With them Congress does not assume to deal, and they are neither of the subject nor of the object of the revenue laws.”

      (Long v. Rasmussen, 281 F. 236, at 238)

                  “(P)ersons who are not taxpayers are not within the system and can obtain no benefit by following the procedures prescribed for taxpayers, such as the filing of claims for refunds.”

      (Economy Plumbing and Heating v. U.S., 470 F.2d 585, at 589)

      Yours in freedom,

      Dave Miner
      www.FreedomSite.net

      Message 2 of 2 , May 9, 2004

        On Sat, 8 May 2004 21:33:52 -0400 "Dave Miner" <dminer@...> writes:
        Wayne --

        ---snip---
         I am listed in the IRS files as a non-filer.  The IRS cannot by law contact a non-filer and request any info at all, much less pursue them for unpaid taxes.

        ***I often use the two cases you cite as I reference myself as a "non-taxpayer", but where in the "law" is that no contact of "non-filers" found?

        ---snip--
        If you use a Freedom of Information Act request to get your IMF, you will discover that the IRS has you listed as a taxpayer.  You must then challenge that designation effectively, and then you will be bothered by the IRS no longer.

        ***I have never been effective at challenging "errors" on my IMF, what is the key there?  Being recognized by the IRS as a "non-taxpayer" would seem to be more important/permanent that being recognized within their "taxpayer" information system as a "non-filer" - unless the "non-filer" term is the IRS computer language equivalent.

        Wayne