My reply to oath request at deposition

  • Nilbux@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2004
      In a message dated 4/28/2004 12:14:52 AM Central Daylight Time, cfurlong1@... writes:

      >Shouldn't my denial at trial be sufficient?

      If you said so under oath, your denial at trial should be
      sufficient, and it's in the record!

      Thank you, it was under oath but the prosecutor takes no oath.

      At a deposition for an ealier trial with same prosecutor.
      I was asked if I would swear to tell the truth, the whole truth etc.

      I read the following and swore no oath:

      "God alone has the whole truth and He said we should take no oaths."

      "The only way I can have any truth is to seek it from others as I sought
      it from you via interrogatories but you evaded the truth by rephrasing
      some of my questions and by simply not answering others."

      "Some of the questions asked in the interrogatories were the words used
      in interrogatories prepared in 1979 by the Honorable Kent Karohl who was
      my attorney then (now appelate judge) and there has been no response to
      them in 14 years."

      "I feel that your asking me for the whole truth is an effort to entrap me
      when you abet the state in keeping the truth from me."

      "Inasmuch as the state has kept the truth from me with your abetment,
      I do not have the whole truth and do not believe that you would really
      want it if I had it."

      "Please see Gordon vs State of Idaho  778 F. 2D. 1397"

      (the case law says we do not have to swear an oath)

      I gave a copy to prosecutor after I read it into record.