RE: [tips_and_tricks] Drivers' license suspension

  • Cloverleaf762
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 9, 2004
      Should learn how to travel instead of drive. Two different things. Look them
      up in Blacks law.

      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 9, 2004
        No it is not.

        Go to Larry Becraft's web site (click on his name for the link). At the
        bottom of the page that you get to, you will see some state cases
        regarding licenses. A couple of cases point out that the suspension
        must have a rational relationship to the regulated activity. Don't just
        take the cases as they are posted on the page. There have been some
        modifications in the jurisprudence, so you will have to be prepared to
        address them to show that they don't apply to your case.. Get yourself
        into the West Key Digest and dig up cases from California and the
        surrounding states (don't headnote hunt with the Key's. Pull the cases
        that look close and then make sure the facts and the law are on all fours.

        g'day
        John Wilde.

        keshugart wrote:

        >I found out that there is a suspension issued on my California
        >drivers license when I tried to renew it. It seems to be in relation
        >to child support non-payment.
        >Does anyone have any information on this issue?
        >Is this suspension legal?
        >What are my potential options?
        >
        >I would appreciate any and all infrmation, comments and ideas?
        >
        >thank you.
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Bobby Bear
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 9, 2004
          I have written many documents concerning this very issue. Regardless of the legality, in my ever humble opinion, one may want to contact the D.A. holding said license in suspension to workout arrangements for release of the same. Should a person not wish to do so, the road to redemption is long, ugly and costly of both time and resources.

          keshugart <kshugart@...> wrote:
          I found out that there is a suspension issued on my California
          drivers license when I tried to renew it. It seems to be in relation
          to child support non-payment.
          Does anyone have any information on this issue?
          Is this suspension legal?
          What are my potential options?

          I would appreciate any and all infrmation, comments and ideas?

          thank you.

          Bob Brill
          P.O. Box 304
          Tres Pinos, CA 95075
          This e-mail transmission is protected by the electronic communications
          privacy act, 18 U.S.C. 2510, et seq.  The message and any attachments are
          confidential and contain proprietary content intended only for the
          designated recipient(s).  Any duplication and/or distribution of this
          transmission, in any form or part, without the written consent of the sender
          is hereby prohibited.  These confidentiality protections shall apply even if
          you have received this transmission on error, in which case you must
          disregard its contents and destroy it, and please notify the sender of the
          mistake.

          Do you Yahoo!?

        • sherri ness

            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 10, 2004
              Does anyone know of a "free" online Blacks site?  Have found lots of sites to sell the dictionary, but no site online to do research without a paid subscription.
              Thanks!

              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 13, 2004

                Hi;

                Hope everyone in this group is well and prosperous.

                I need to find out if a party in an action is using his true identity or not - legally.  What I have is his alleged name, social security number, and date of birth.  Could anyone point a direction to me?  Thanks a lot.

                Philip -

              • Milo
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 14, 2004
                  I'll see if I can find you a free Black's. In the mneantime, check this
                  out.
                  Milo

                  http://lexnet.bravepages.com/DICOS.htm

                  Does anyone know of a "free" online Blacks site? Have found lots of sites
                  to sell the dictionary, but no site online to do research without a paid
                  subscription.
                  Thanks!
                • Debt Nemesis Mail
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 14, 2004
                    just do a search on the public records in the county where you think he lives, that's a start, but if it's a valid SSN, it'd be difficult to be using an alias with it.  You can still make a claim against him in that name, as long as you can serve process.
                    Hope everyone in this group is well and prosperous.

                    I need to find out if a party in an action is using his true identity or not - legally.  What I have is his alleged name, social security number, and date of birth.  Could anyone point a direction to me?  Thanks a lot.

                    Philip -

                  • Dessie Andrews
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 14, 2004
                      A used Black’s doesn’t cost very much and can be found at ½ price books
                      fairly regularly.

                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 14, 2004
                        Message
                        There are a few other online law resources. Don't think blacks is on there. I just bought 3 of them to keep up on what we do here. Got a 3rd, 4th, and 7th. You'd be surprised how the definitions change over time with the political influences.

                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 14, 2004
                          Here is Bouvier's, in my opinion, just as good:

                        • jm367@bellsouth.net
                          Message 12 of 13 , Apr 14, 2004
                            Find his mother.  Or other relative.