Try this for size.

  • Nilbux@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30 8:18 PM
      Try this for size.

      A house burned, a detached garage did not.

      A builder wrote a contract to purchase the lot
      for 200,000.  The seller accepted the contract.

      Weeks later, before closing the sale, the
      owner's adult daughter was seen on the lot
      removing a plastic wading pool. She was
      arrested, spent 2 nights in jail and fined $250.

      It seems to be that nobody could order her arrest
      besides her parents but they would never do that.
      Investigation by the woman's father showed that
      the arrest order was made by the purchaser of the
      lot before he became  the new owner!

      Comments, please.
    • Don Schwarz
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2004
        Usually, a lot is sold with all that is ATTACHED.

        was the wading pool "attached" to the soil.

        Further, until the sale is final, all is still up for grabs.

        I think the cops made a mistake.