Federal Judge Dismisses $7 Million Lawsuit Against Irwin Schiff

  • Steven Swan
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 29, 2004
      Federal Judge Dismisses $7 Million Lawsuit Against Irwin Schiff
      March 29, 2004

      (Las Vegas, Nevada) U.S. District Judge James C. Mahan today dismissed a $7 million civil lawsuit against Irwin Schiff because Schiff is not a person upon whom anyone could reasonably rely, especially considering that Schiff had previously been convicted for violations of the internal revenue laws on more than one occasion and notwithstanding the fact that for many years, neither the Internal Revenue Service nor the Justice Department attempted to enjoin Schiff from promoting his income tax theories or sought to prosecute him for doing so.

      Judge Mahan asked Swan "If Schiff told you that it was legal to rob banks, would you believe him? Of course not. He is not someone upon whom one can rely with respect to his opinions about the law."

      Steven A. Swan
    • Dave Miner
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 29, 2004
        Steven --

        I think this decision is great, but a real loss to the non-filing movement.  It is true that Schiff got off, but it is the reason WHY he got off that is the issue.

        Specifically, I believe the judge dismissed the suit rather than allow the case to proceed on its merits.  I believe the judge was afraid that he would have to render a decision as to the legal questions raised by Schiff.  It would have been better for We The People if the judge would have allowed arguments and then made his decision based on the laws.

        I believe the judge was scared to death of having to do that, so he dismissed the case based on an insult to Schiff.  I believe the judge was a coward.

        Yours in freedom,

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 30, 2004
          Bear, I'm curious to see if you think it worthwhile to mention that Swann
          sicced the feds on Schiff back before Swann was brought to trial.

          jeb
        • stevenswan@earthlink.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 2, 2004
            jeb,

            I didn't sic the feds on Schiff. It's not like he was hiding what he was
            doing. I simply complained because they were prosecuting me for utilizing
            and promoting his theories, yet they weren't prosecuting him. Then I came
            to the realization that I wasn't being prosecuted because of my income tax
            activities; I was prosecuted because I widely distributed my belief that
            the Israeli Mossad and the Jewish Neo-Conservatives in the Bush
            administration and elsewhere were behind the September 11th terrorist
            attacks in order to drag the United States into wars with all of Israel's
            enemies. Ten days later, 20 IRS agents were at my door.

            Steven A. Swan
            www.stevenswan.com

            Bear, I'm curious to see if you think it worthwhile to mention that
            Swann
            sicced the feds on Schiff back before Swann was brought to trial.

            jeb
            --- End forwarded message ---

            http://mail2web.com/ .
          • Jim Bailey