DID YOU KNOW?

  • J.Pesci
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2004
      >   DID YOU KNOW? As you walk up the steps to the building which houses the
      >U.S. Supreme Court you can
      see near the top of the building a row of the
      >world's law givers and
      each one is facing one in the middle who is facing
      >forward with a full
      frontal view - it is Moses and he is holding the Ten
      >Commandments!
      >
      >   DID YOU KNOW? As you enter the
      Supreme Court courtroom, the two huge oak
      >doors have the Ten
      Commandments engraved on each lower portion of each
      >door.
      >
      >   DID YOU KNOW? As you sit inside the
      courtroom, you can see the wall,
      >right above where the Supreme Court
      judges sit, a display of the Ten
      >Commandments!
      >
      >   DID YOU KNOW? There are Bible
      verses etched in stone all over the
      >Federal Buildings and Monuments in
      Washington, D.C.

      >   DID YOU KNOW? James Madison, the
      fourth president, known as "The Father
      >of Our Constitution" made the
      following statement "We have staked the whole
      >of all our political
      institutions upon the capacity of mankind for
      >self-government, upon the
      capacity of each and all of us to govern
      >ourselves, to control
      ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten
      >Commandments of
      God."

      >   DID YOU KNOW? Patrick Henry, that patriot and
      Founding Father of our
      >country said, "It cannot be emphasized too
      strongly or too often that this
      >great nation was founded not by
      religionists but by Christians, not on
      >religions but on the Gospel of
      Jesus Christ".

      >   DID YOU KNOW? Every session of
      Congress begins with a prayer by a paid
      >preacher, whose salary has been
      paid by the taxpayer since 1777.

      >   DID YOU KNOW?
      Fifty-two of the 55 founders of the Constitution were
      >members of the
      established orthodox churches in the colonies.

      >   DID
      YOU KNOW? Thomas Jefferson worried that the Courts would overstep
      >their
      authority and instead of interpreting the law would begin making
      >law....
      an oligarchy.... the rule of few over many.

      >   DID YOU
      KNOW? The very first Supreme Court Justice, John Jay, said,
      >"Americans
      should select and prefer Christians as their rulers."

      >   How, then, have we gotten to the point that
      everything we have done for
      >220 years in this country is now suddenly
      wrong and unconstitutional?