Re: [tips_and_tricks] IRS Proof of Claim filed in Bankruptcy Court

  • Bob law
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2004
      Russell,
      Have you gotten a copy of your Individual Master File
      and had it decoded to see what the agency has been
      doing in your account?
      Respectfully,
      Bob L.

      --- Russell Mortland <rtm@...> wrote:
      > I dismissed my bankruptcy on Friday 2-20-2004, but
      > the same day in the
      > mail we also received a proof of claim and form 10
      > filed in our case.

    • Utlage
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 5, 2004
        You don't owe anything.  we had the same thing happen one time.  Once we dismissed the case, they went away.  never heard from them again.

        I dismissed my bankruptcy on Friday 2-20-2004, but the same day in the
        mail we also received a proof of claim and form 10 filed in our case.

        The most interesting part is that under "Date Tax Assessed" it states:
        UNASSESSED LIABILITY.

        How do you owe anything if it has not been assessed?