IRS Proof of Claim filed in Bankruptcy Court

  • Russell Mortland
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2004
      I dismissed my bankruptcy on Friday 2-20-2004, but the same day in the
      mail we also received a proof of claim and form 10 filed in our case.

      The most interesting part is that under "Date Tax Assessed" it states:
      UNASSESSED LIABILITY.

      How do you owe anything if it has not been assessed?
    • Tim Costello
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 3, 2004
        Seems like the IRS missed the bus...I would consult a bankruptcy attorney (as much as I do not like attorneys).

        Tim

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 3, 2004
          Russell,
          Have you gotten a copy of your Individual Master File
          and had it decoded to see what the agency has been
          doing in your account?
          Respectfully,
          Bob L.

          --- Russell Mortland <rtm@...> wrote:
          > I dismissed my bankruptcy on Friday 2-20-2004, but
          > the same day in the
          > mail we also received a proof of claim and form 10
          > filed in our case.

        • Utlage
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 5, 2004
            You don't owe anything.  we had the same thing happen one time.  Once we dismissed the case, they went away.  never heard from them again.