Fw: Urgent ALERT-Meeting Notice

  • JD
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2004

      Subject: Urgent ALERT-Meeting Notice

      By far THE MOST important statewide issue for Tennessee taxpayers is the proposed Taxpayer Bill of Rights amendment to the state constitution. We MUST get this amendment passed if we are to have any hope of putting citizens and taxpayers back in control of the state. Right now over 400 registered lobbyists at the General Assembly spend well over $24 million per year to represent everyone EXCEPT taxpayers. This MUST change.

      How can we all help?? Make plans TODAY to attend the Taxpayers Bill of Rights Townhall meeting on Tuesday Mar. 2 at 10:00AM. Please call us at 615-847-8050 or email: tennesseetaxrevolt@... if you have questions. Its absolutely FREE and the speakers include Steve Moore with Club for Growth.

      Taxpayer Bill of Rights (TaBOR)
      Town Hall Meeting
      Tuesday, March 2, 2004
      10:00AM - Noon
      Sheraton Hotel, Downtown Nashville
      623 Union St
      (the hotel with the round restaurant on top which looks
      out over legislative plaza toward the Capitol Bldg.)  Click for MAP

      Sponsored by the Government Accountability Project
         and
      The National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB)

      As you may know, the Tennessee Taxpayer Bill of Rights (TaBOR) is a constitutional amendment that will:

      1.    Cap the rate of growth of state government spending,

      2.    Require tax increases to be voted on by the people, and

      3.    Require that excess collections be returned to the taxpayers.

      On March 9th TaBOR comes before the Senate Judiciary Committee.  To show support, there will be a Town Hall Meeting on Tuesday, March 2 at 10:00 am.  We need you there!

      Mark your calendars!!!  Make your plans!  The Tennessee Taxpayer Bill of Rights Town Hall Meeting will be on Tuesday, March 2 at the Nashville Sheraton downtown.  The purpose of this meeting is to show the legislature that people from throughout the state and nation support the Taxpayer Bill of Rights in Tennessee.  We need you to be there!   A good crowd will show the legislature and the media that we are serious about passing a Taxpayer Bill of Rights this year.

      We need YOU!

      Attendance is FREE.  However, so we can have a count, please call Senator Jim Bryson's office and let us know you are coming.  Call Jennifer at 615-741-2495.

      Here is the schedule:

      10:00 sharp – Convene at the Nashville Sheraton   http://www.SheratonNashville.net/

      10:15 – Keynote Address #1 – Steve Moore -- President, Club for Growth  http://www.clubforgrowth.org/

      10:45 – Keynote Address #2 – John Andrews – President of the Colorado State Senate  http://www.state.co.us/gov_dir/leg_dir/senate/members/sen27.htm

      11:15 – Panel Discussion – Q&A with the audience

                  Steve Moore

                  Sen. John Andrews

                  Sen. Jim Bryson

                  Rep. Glen Casada

                  Matt Kibbe, Executive Vice President of Citizens for a Sound Economy

                  Drew Johnson, Policy Analyst with the National Taxpayer's Union

      12:00 – Lunch on your own

      Afternoon – Visit and lobby YOUR legislator about the Taxpayer Bill of Rights

      The resolution is on the Senate Judiciary Calendar for March 9.  We need you in Nashville on March 2 to help us lobby the legislators!!!  Call Sen. Bryson's office at 741-2495 and let us know we can count on you.

      For more information on the Taxpayer Bill of Rights, go to www.SenatorBryson.org and click on TABOR.

      Please forward this e-mail to ANYONE you think might be interested!

      The Tennessee Taxpayer's Bill of Rights Town Hall Meeting is co-sponsored by the Government Accountability Project and NFIB