Re: [tips_and_tricks] Allied Interstate Credit Collection

  • Dave Miner
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 3 3:18 PM
      Jamison --

      I have dealt directly with Allied Interstate on 3 accounts. The first was a debt I did not owe. I documented this to them and they left me alone. This was about 3 years ago. The other two were last year over credit card debts I DID owe. I had been unemployed for about 6 months at the time. I admitted that I owed the debt but that I could not pay anything. I also promised to pay as soon as I got a job. I told them I was willing to put that in writing. They said they would mark me down as unwilling to pay. I argued with them that there was a HUGE difference between being unwilling to pay and being unable to pay. The Allied representatives said there was no difference to them. I said if they wanted to lie, they could mark down anything they wanted. They marked down unwilling to pay. I stopped answering their phone calls and still have not paid the accounts. They still call every once in a while but I don't answer their calls.

      I have no idea what my files look like, and don't really care. When I get a job, I will begin paying on the accounts again, but I will send my checks directly to CapitalOne.

      Yours in freedom,

      Dave Miner
      www.FreedomSite.net

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 3 3:50 PM
        Since you have internet capabilities, just look up Collection agencies and
        see they are listed. If they are tell them you have no contract with them
        and good bye!
      • Geo Th

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 4 7:03 AM
            Never believe anything said on the phone and do not assume anything that
            isn't spelled out specifically in writing. The least you should be trying
            for is to have the bank report it as "paid as agreed" and remove all
            negative entries. If they report it as "paid off" it won't remove the
            negative entries and will just show that you finally paid off a defaulted
            debt, which doesn't make your credit score any better.

            Gary