probability of winning

  • rac
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2004
      Hello All Again,

      Sorry to ask this but I am a bit lost. I read some time ago about a civil procedure rule that a defendant can file for an opportunity to have the court "cut to the chase" and rule whether the plaintiff can show probability of winning the suit.

      I am a third part defendant, my hubby is the plaintiff and the other side defendants have brought me into this and I am trying to explore all legal avenues...

      Also has anyone tried in a deposition to use "unwarranted intrusion" for information that in no way can even relate to a case?

      Thanks in advance....

      rac
    • John
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2004
        IN a deposition if you are being deposed and the question has no
        bearing on the case just object to its relevancy and refuse to
        answer it. If they insist just hold your ground and tell them to
        call the judge and make him rule on the question. The judge wont
        like it and if the question is truly not relivent he might sanction
        the lawyers for even trying to ask the question. I dont know your
        particular circumstances but generaly a wife cannot testify against
        her husband in any manner except in divorce.
        The civil procedure you are refering to is probably the summary
        judgement rule.
        John