Re: [tips_and_tricks] National Arbitration Forum

  • Philip Balisciano
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2004
      I am understandig that the key is to initiate arbitration on the creditor based on the fraudulent lending practices and get an award before the banks can.

      leo <leos@...> wrote:

      > Arbitration awards are not appealable, because they depend on
      contract, and a court cannot go against contract.  Everyone knows
      the 3 major arbitration firms used by the banks earn millions from
      the banks, so the chance of you winning are exactly 0.  I suppose
      one could supena the records of these arbitrators and see how many
      cases they handle in a year and how many non bank clients won and
      award.  I'm convinced it would show a huge bias in favor of the so-
      called creditor.
      > However, one could argue that because the original contract was
      fraudulent, then no contract existed and therefore the banks action,
      and thus the award is null.  In which case you would consider filing
      a motion in opposition to the execution of the award as it was based
      on fraudulent information submitted to the Arbitration forum.
      > There is recent case law which ruled against these mandatory
      arbitration forums of the banks, Badie v Bank of America, and Meyer
      v MBNA.  Read these cases so as to determine if the decisions apply
      to you.

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 4, 2004
        Sure, except that if you use the NAF,  AAA or JAMMS, you will almost certainly lose.  If you find an arbitration company that might actually be fair, all you have to do is figure out how to get the bank into a binding agreement to arbitrate using that company.  What are you planning to use as evidence of the fraudulent lending practices?  Also, keep in mind that an arbitration award is just a piece of paper until it is confirmed in court as a judgment.  You can probably find someplace to get an award, the problem is making it stick.

        Gary
        I am understandig that the key is to initiate arbitration on the creditor based on the fraudulent lending practices and get an award before the banks can.

      • Phil Bliss
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 8, 2004
          Check out this site for more insight into the process.http://www.debtaid.org/erase/index.html

          gary <gary2666@...> wrote: Sure, except that if you use the NAF, AAA or JAMMS, you will almost certainly lose. If you find an arbitration company that might actually be fair, all you have to do is figure out how to get the bank into a binding agreement to arbitrate using that company. What are you planning to use as evidence of the fraudulent lending practices? Also, keep in mind that an arbitration award is just a piece of paper until it is confirmed in court as a judgment. You can probably find someplace to get an award, the problem is making it stick.

          Gary

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 10, 2004
            Phil,

            It appears to be just like 10 or 20 other sites on the net that I have
            looked at, even has exactly the same wording as some others. If you
            personally know about their program, I would like to know if the arbitration
            they suggest you do is done by one of the arbitration companies named in the
            cardholder agreement and, if not, how do they get the bank into a binding
            agreement to use a different arbitration company. If they use the NAF or
            the AAA and win these arbitrations on credit cards, I would have to see the
            paperwork on some of these wins to believe it.

            Gary