Re: [tips_and_tricks] Statement

  • Dave Miner
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2, 2004
      jpes --

      HUH?

      Yours in freedom,

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: jpes8888
      Sent: Sunday, February 01, 2004 1:53 PM
      Subject: [tips_and_tricks] Statement

      Where might one find the "Statement-the Gov. doesn't want you to
      have/see"???
      jcp

    • jhooper@buehlermotor.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 3, 2004
        Hi all,

        Had a couple questions as to whether anyone here has dealt with Allied
        Interstate (Special Services Division) regarding a credit card with Capital
        One. They verbally stated that they are directly working for CapOne, and
        they did not buy this debt. In the fax, they say that CapOne has offered
        the sum of $350 to settle the debt. What got me was the fact that they
        said on the phone, it will go away from my credit report completely, but
        the fax says "Furthermore, our client, as part of their normal business,
        shall update the appropriate credit reporting agencies accordingly."\

        I left a voicemail to the man I spoke with, and said this proposal was
        unacceptable in it's current form, because of this.

        Anyone have any experience with these guys they care to share?

        Jamison Hooper
        Network Administrator
        _________________________
      • Dave Miner
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 3, 2004
          Jamison --

          I have dealt directly with Allied Interstate on 3 accounts. The first was a debt I did not owe. I documented this to them and they left me alone. This was about 3 years ago. The other two were last year over credit card debts I DID owe. I had been unemployed for about 6 months at the time. I admitted that I owed the debt but that I could not pay anything. I also promised to pay as soon as I got a job. I told them I was willing to put that in writing. They said they would mark me down as unwilling to pay. I argued with them that there was a HUGE difference between being unwilling to pay and being unable to pay. The Allied representatives said there was no difference to them. I said if they wanted to lie, they could mark down anything they wanted. They marked down unwilling to pay. I stopped answering their phone calls and still have not paid the accounts. They still call every once in a while but I don't answer their calls.

          I have no idea what my files look like, and don't really care. When I get a job, I will begin paying on the accounts again, but I will send my checks directly to CapitalOne.

          Yours in freedom,

          Dave Miner
          www.FreedomSite.net

          Had a couple questions as to whether anyone here has dealt with Allied
          Interstate (Special Services Division) regarding a credit card with Capital
          One. They verbally stated that they are directly working for CapOne, and
        • Robert Riggins
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 3, 2004
            Since you have internet capabilities, just look up Collection agencies and
            see they are listed. If they are tell them you have no contract with them
            and good bye!
          • Geo Th

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 4, 2004
                Never believe anything said on the phone and do not assume anything that
                isn't spelled out specifically in writing. The least you should be trying
                for is to have the bank report it as "paid as agreed" and remove all
                negative entries. If they report it as "paid off" it won't remove the
                negative entries and will just show that you finally paid off a defaulted
                debt, which doesn't make your credit score any better.

                Gary