Statement

  • jpes8888
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2004
      Where might one find the "Statement-the Gov. doesn't want you to
      have/see"???
      jcp
    • Dave Miner
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2004
        jpes --

        HUH?

        Yours in freedom,

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 3, 2004
          Hi all,

          Had a couple questions as to whether anyone here has dealt with Allied
          Interstate (Special Services Division) regarding a credit card with Capital
          One. They verbally stated that they are directly working for CapOne, and
          they did not buy this debt. In the fax, they say that CapOne has offered
          the sum of $350 to settle the debt. What got me was the fact that they
          said on the phone, it will go away from my credit report completely, but
          the fax says "Furthermore, our client, as part of their normal business,
          shall update the appropriate credit reporting agencies accordingly."\

          I left a voicemail to the man I spoke with, and said this proposal was
          unacceptable in it's current form, because of this.

          Anyone have any experience with these guys they care to share?

          Jamison Hooper
          Network Administrator
          _________________________
        • Dave Miner
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 3, 2004
            Jamison --

            I have dealt directly with Allied Interstate on 3 accounts. The first was a debt I did not owe. I documented this to them and they left me alone. This was about 3 years ago. The other two were last year over credit card debts I DID owe. I had been unemployed for about 6 months at the time. I admitted that I owed the debt but that I could not pay anything. I also promised to pay as soon as I got a job. I told them I was willing to put that in writing. They said they would mark me down as unwilling to pay. I argued with them that there was a HUGE difference between being unwilling to pay and being unable to pay. The Allied representatives said there was no difference to them. I said if they wanted to lie, they could mark down anything they wanted. They marked down unwilling to pay. I stopped answering their phone calls and still have not paid the accounts. They still call every once in a while but I don't answer their calls.

            I have no idea what my files look like, and don't really care. When I get a job, I will begin paying on the accounts again, but I will send my checks directly to CapitalOne.

            Yours in freedom,

            Dave Miner
            www.FreedomSite.net

            Had a couple questions as to whether anyone here has dealt with Allied
            Interstate (Special Services Division) regarding a credit card with Capital
            One. They verbally stated that they are directly working for CapOne, and
          • Robert Riggins
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 3, 2004
              Since you have internet capabilities, just look up Collection agencies and
              see they are listed. If they are tell them you have no contract with them
              and good bye!
            • Geo Th

                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 4, 2004
                  Never believe anything said on the phone and do not assume anything that
                  isn't spelled out specifically in writing. The least you should be trying
                  for is to have the bank report it as "paid as agreed" and remove all
                  negative entries. If they report it as "paid off" it won't remove the
                  negative entries and will just show that you finally paid off a defaulted
                  debt, which doesn't make your credit score any better.

                  Gary