Do you know how to use the USC Sec.1341 "claim of right" to get refunds?

  • fastmuscleman
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 1944
      Do you know how to use the USC Sec.1341 "claim of right" to get
      refunds?
      This is being used with either the 1040 or 1040X IRS forms.
      I do not wish to pay the 25% commission & the upfront fee sought by
      Freedomcommittee.com.

      If you know how, please email at m.schrader1@...
    • Geo Th
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 1, 1944
         You volunteered this to the gov. Why would you ask for it to be returned?? Self assessment.
        Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

        I figure it is better to leave it past be the past. If you excite the IRS it may come back to haunt you. I know some one who has stoped paying close to 10 years ago. They have heard nothing since the filing stoped.

        Subject: [tips_and_tricks] Do you know how to use the USC Sec.1341 "claim of right" to get refunds?

        Do you know how to use the USC Sec.1341 "claim of right" to get
        refunds?

      • Michael N. Schluterbusch
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 3, 1944
          I think this info would be good for us all. I know that, speaking for
          myself, I can decide if this is usable info. I can also decide of I want to
          take the risk of waking up theBeast. BYH
          Michael Schluterbusch

          > Do you know how to use the USC Sec.1341 "claim of right" to get
          > refunds?
          > This is being used with either the 1040 or 1040X IRS forms.
          > I do not wish to pay the 25% commission & the upfront fee sought by
          > Freedomcommittee.com.
          >
          > If you know how, please email at m.schrader1@...
        • phil448
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 14, 1944
            There is an organization called Freedom & Privacy Committee that
            appears to have some expertise in the area of using 26 USC sec. 1341.
            They offer a product called "Claim of Right". I have first hand
            knowledge that this program is often effective. You can find out more
            about the program on this URL,
            http://www.freedomcommittee.com/1/freedom/index.html. Once on this
            page, click on the 'Claim of Right' folder. The group has conference
            calls on Thursday nights to explain the program and answer questions.
            The time, phone number and pin number for the calls are available on
            the web site. I hope this helps.

            Phil448

            --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, "fastmuscleman"

          • mcabirac@brandywine.net
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 16, 1944
              There's at least one problem with using IRC Sec. 1341. The section
              specifically refers to "taxpayer." As I'm sure most in this group know, the
              IRC defines "taxpayer" as anyone liable for any internal revenue tax. Thus,
              by using this section, one, at least implicitly, declares oneself to be a
              "taxpayer."

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 18, 1944
                You have GOT to get over this taxpayer, non taxpayer syndrome you
                have, you will get in all sorts of trouble using that stupid
                argument. If you get gas from the shell station, you are subject to
                excise taxes. If you have SS taxes taken from your paycheck, you are
                subject to income taxes. There are 1200 different ways you can be a
                taxpayer. Using that argument is sure to land you in the pokey.

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 23, 1944
                  Not true, the person who buys the gasoline, alcohol or whatever is not the
                  "taxpayer." The "taxpayer" is the one who engages in the taxable activity,
                  such as selling gasoline, selling tobacco products, distilling alcohol, etc.
                  The purchase of an item which has an excise tax on it does not make the
                  purchaser a "taxpayer."

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 25, 1944
                    Exactly correct. And, after you have purchased an item on which
                    an excise tax has been paid, you cannot be denied the use
                    of that thing.

                    Say you purchase gasoline with the state and federal excise tax
                    thereon, if that tax is collected for people to use the public
                    right-of-ways, then this should make any form of licensing
                    to use the public right-of-ways, unlawful.

                    The purchase of a taxed item, supersedes any restrictions
                    to use that which an excise tax has been expended upon.

                    At 09:40 AM 2/22/04 -0500, you wrote:
                    >Not true, the person who buys the gasoline, alcohol or whatever is not the
                    >"taxpayer." The "taxpayer" is the one who engages in the taxable activity,
                    >such as selling gasoline, selling tobacco products, distilling alcohol, etc.
                    >The purchase of an item which has an excise tax on it does not make the
                    >purchaser a "taxpayer."

                  • Bill
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 25, 1944
                      Interesting concept. I like that. Is there a source that can be cited or referenced that precludes my taxpayer status when I purchase an item with an excise tax attached?

                      Thanks......Bill