RE: Samuel Adams

  • Brutus
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2004
      John - Thanks for reminding me of this quote by Samuel Adams - nearly a forgotten favorite of mine:

      "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands of those who feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you. May posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
       - Samuel Adams

      Kind of interesting to note that one of the quickest ways to be labled "a threat" today is to start quoting those who founded our country.

      Best Regards,

      Brutus

      Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:10:16 -0700
      From: John Wilde
      Subject: Re: Quatloos

      It's been done over, and over, and over and over again. They are a
      bunch of disgruntled sunshine patriots who couldn't handle the heat.
      Ignore them, they no longer deserve our consideration. May their chains
      sit lightly upon them and may posterity forget that they were once a
      part of us.

      g'day
      John Wilde