IRS Motions in Limine?

  • alfredadask
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 27, 2004
      The IRS used a "motion in limine" to prevent Dick Simkanin from
      providing a complete defense in his recent trial.

      Does anyone know of similar tax cases where other defendants were also
      prevented from presenting their defense by an IRS motion in limine?

      Thanks.

      Alfred Adask

      alfredadask@...
    • Nilbux@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 28, 2004
        In my state civil case and another I was aware of,
        the judge never committed himself to the motion in limine
        but reserved his right in case he needed to rule.
      • Scootergq@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 29, 2004
          In a message dated 1/28/04 7:30:26 PM Eastern Standard Time, alfredadask@... writes:

          The IRS used a "motion in limine...what does this mean??

          scott

        • okievan
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 30, 2004
            Black's 6th Edition
            "A pretrial motion requesting court to prohibit opposing counsel
            from referring to or offering evidence on matters so highly
            prejudicial to moving party that curative instructions cannot
            prevent predispostional effect on jury."

            In tax cases they don't want the jury to hear the truth.

            --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, Scootergq@a... wrote:
            > In a message dated 1/28/04 7:30:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
            > alfredadask@y... writes:
            >
            > > The IRS used a "motion in limine...what does this mean??
            > >
            > > scott
          • Bob law
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 30, 2004
              Motion in Limine- A pretrial request that certain
              inadmisable evidence not be referred to or offered at
              trial.*Typically, a party makes this motion when it
              believes that the mere mention of the evidense during
              trial would be highly prejudicial and could not be
              remedied by an instruction to disregard. If after the
              motion is granted, the opposing party mentions or
              attempts to offer the evidence in the jury's presence,
              a mistrial may be ordered. A ruling on a motion in
              limine does not perserve evidentiary error for
              appellate purposes. Instead, to raise such an error on
              appeal, a party must have formally objected when the
              evidence was actually admitted or excluded during
              trial. [Black's Law Dictionary 7th Ed.]

              > > The IRS used a "motion in limine...what does this
              > mean??

              http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
            • recticuli
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 30, 2004
                UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ) No. CR 91 0213 EFL
                )
                ) RESPONSE TO PLAINTIFF
                ) MOTION IN LIMINE
                PLAINTIFF, )
                )
                v. )
                )
                NORMAN LEON VROMAN )
                )
                DEFENDANT.

                http://famguardian.org/CDs/IRSCD/Cases/NORMAN%20L.%20VROMAN%
                20Case/Response%20to%20Motion%20In%20Limine.doc
              • recticuli
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 30, 2004
                  Only my opinion.......

                  In essence the IRS is stating that they don't care, or that they are
                  unable to produce the statutes that makes an American citizen libel
                  for the ironious tax that they say the individual owes. This plays
                  right into the hands of the Corporate U.S., Inc.

                  By doing so they keep the jury ill informed, to sway the jury to
                  return a false verdict, due to the their ignorance of the
                  Constitution, and lack of law... by keeping them in the dark.
                • recticuli
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 30, 2004
                    Only my opinion........I would counter wityh my own ' MOTION IN
                    LIMINE' under the Rule of Evidence ### that would apply

                    With modification I think this could be used for any number of
                    motions.

                    I would insert 'Sui Juris', which I would use in all my motions.

                    All governmental angencies exist through THE PEOPLE, and by the
                    people. They exist by priviledge only. Only flesh and blood can be
                    charged by flesh and blood.

                    MOTION IN LIMINE

                    I, _________________________________, ____________ a living human man
                    without benefit of counsel, hereinafter known as the Accused, and by
                    special appearance, under the authority of a motion in limine, moves
                    this court to instruct the prosecutor of the following:

                    1. All elements of the charge against the Accused will be
                    designated to the trier of fact.

                    2. The burden of proof will be upon the prosecutor to prove all
                    elements of the charge against the Accused.

                    3. The prosecutor will refrain from labeling the Accused other
                    than the Accused or the Defendant.

                    4. The prosecutor will be instructed to produce evidence into
                    the court, under Rule 107 of Texas Rules of Evidence if the Accused
                    is assumed to be a Person, Individual, Operator, Operating a Motor
                    Vehicle, or Driving a Motor Vehicle as defined in the Transportation
                    Code as associated with the statute the Accused is assumed to have
                    violated.

                    5. The prosecutor will designate to the Accused which statute
                    and regulation that the Accused is assumed to have violated.

                    6. Under Rule 107 of the Texas Rules of Evidence, the prosecutor
                    will produce all evidence against the Accused.

                    Respectfully,
                  • SnapDragonTexas
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 2, 2004
                      My apologies but I have not been able to find 'motion in limine' in either copy of 'Blacks' (4th and 7th). I have seen it in there before but can't find it now under either motion or limine. Help please. Thanks SDT
                      In my state civil case and another I was aware of,
                      the judge never committed himself to the motion in limine
                      but reserved his right in case he needed to rule.

                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                    • Robert Riggins
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 3, 2004
                        Motion in Limine is found in Black's Fifth, Page 914, left-center

                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 3, 2004
                          Located in Black's Law Sixth Edition pg 702 bottom left

                          rac
                        • Bob law
                          Message 12 of 13 , Feb 3, 2004
                            SDT,
                            Here you go, your current definition for "Motion In
                            Limine" is found on page 1033 right hand column third
                            paragraph of Black's 7th Edition ISBN 0-314-22864-0

                            > From: tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com
                            > Date: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 04:47:14 PM
                            > To: tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com
                            > Subject: RE: [tips_and_tricks] IRS Motions in
                            > Limine?

                            ".... I have not been able to find

                            Message 13 of 13 , Feb 3, 2004
                              In a message dated 2/3/2004 6:09:15 PM Central Standard Time, allih@... writes:

                              My apologies but I have not been able to find 'motion in limine' in either copy of 'Blacks' (4th and 7th). I have seen it in there before but can't find it now under either motion or limine. Help please. Thanks SDT

                                 Got to google and search:   motion+limine

                                 You will find more than you can read

                                 Is canola bad?  Search canola+hazard

                                 Seach your first name+your last name
                                 see how many "twins" you have out there!