Re: Can this Young Man be helped?

  • amella4792
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 26, 2004
      well i have read a few replies and I think that an 18 yr old is
      still a child yes one that has to take responsibility but still a
      child in most ways.But that is not the question!And I am sure if his
      Dad has obtained an attorney he most have tried to get the charges
      dropped but anything over I believe 500.00 makes it felony.So most
      likely his father cant do anything.Dont give up on him becouse he
      made a mistake becouse most likely he will learn a lesson and i hope
      he doesnt get too much time I am sure that there are some things the
      attorney can try to do to keep him from going to jail if he is a
      good attorney.Try and find similar cases in the county and see what
      they were sentenced.Bring that to there attention that may
      help.Sorry i dont have any answers for you.
      Amanda
      > My Daughter had a Young man in love with her and he made some
      really stupid mistakes like stole his Dad's Check book and wrote
      about 1500 in checks to impress her and now the Bank is pressing
      charges for forgery and fraud. I know he was wrong but it looks like
      he is looking at 5 years in Prison. So say the Lawyers his Dad has
      consulted with. He is 18 years old and made a Dumb mistake is there
      anything that can be done for him?