Re: [tips_and_tricks] Have you considered bankruptcy? It is quick easy cheap...

  • Nilbux@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2004
      In a message dated 1/1/2004 11:34:22 PM US Eastern Standard Time, Trooper753@... writes:

      but if your behind on the credit card debt, you may want to consider the bankruptcy option as the cc compnaies can get a summary judgment and lien the house.  they can then bott ya out.  some states - seems like AZ is one,

         Your advice may be good in some states but this state has tennants by the entireties laws which is for married people and the IRS can seize nothing that
      is vested this way without a claim against the spouse.  This would apply to
      state as well and I know it kept the IRS at bay.  If you want to question this,
      I am a real estate broker.  I am not behind on credit cards and can keep current
      but if I can end them without to miuch hassle, I'm listening.
    • Trooper753@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 1, 2004
        you can do a chapter 11 on your strawman fiction, be your own trustee and do it free.  gotta know the tricks!

        ~char
        I fight what you fear!

      • Nilbux@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 1, 2004
          In a message dated 1/1/2004 11:32:23 PM US Eastern Standard Time, Redeemed@... writes:

          Why would you consider bankruptcy?  Sell your house, pay off all of your debts and live debt free.

             Wife would never agree.
        • Steve
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 2, 2004
            Why in the WORLD would you even be thinking bankruptcy????  You have $235,000 equity in your house man!   You could get a loan on your house (a 2nd mortgage) for $30,000 to pay off the credit cards at lower interest AND it would be tax deductible!  If you were smart and wise enough to build up that much equity, why in the world would you be considering bankruptcy.  I'll write you something else offline.

            Steve

            Nilbux@... wrote:
            If I own a house worth 250,000 and owe 13,000 on it plus
            30,000 on credit cards, is bankruptcy a simple matter?

            Yahoo! Groups Links