Re: [tips_and_tricks] Suing former employer - PLEASE HELP!

  • balderdash88@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 30, 2003
      You say "not being able to claim" do you mean not being able to acquire
      "benifits" ?

      You did in FACT make a claim ( which was denied)....didn't you? Bille
    • John
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2004
        There is always relief in the law... First thing is first. You need
        to exhaust your appeals to the credit card protection insurance
        companies. You wrote a good explination of what happened. What you
        need to do first is to send an appeal to all of the credit card
        protection companies. Tell them exactly what happened and send a
        copy of the decision of the 9 member appeals panel and be sure and
        mention that the time for the appeals by your former employer has
        passed. Explain in detail that the coverage you purchased protected
        against not being able to pay because of not being employed. Your
        origional claim was made in a timely fashion and the appeal was
        ruled in your favor. You cannot be penalized because you had to
        excersice your due process of law to resolve the termination
        dispute. If your still not employed just refile the claim with the
        origional date on it with the information I mentioned above. Be
        sure and tell them that you will take further legal action unless
        they live up to there contract. Remember this very important
        thing. Insurance is a contract plain and simple - the terms of the
        insurance policy is nothing more than the terms of a contract. All
        the judges decisions will be based on the contract. Contact them
        NOW. If this particular situtation is not specifically mentioned in
        the contract you will previal. Remember your initial claim was a
        timely one. Your account payments were current and they owe the
        payments under the terms of the contract. Also you are entitled to
        have your credit record corrected when you enter a disputed amount.
        Be sure and enter the amount that the companies failed to pay for
        you. You are allowed to put a letter in your record. Get one in.
        Maybe this will help. If the insurance companies fail to payup -
        see what the small claims court limit is in your state. Maybe you
        can file there and have a simpler case.
        John

        --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, Grey Weulf <greyweulf@y...>
        wrote:
        > I was fired by my former employer, America's largest
        > credit card lender, in March 2003 without cause and
        > its OK. But here is were my problem. I saw this
        > coming and had purchased credit protection insurance
        > for all my credit cards. However, when I filed
        > unemployment claim, as required by Credit Protection
        > Insurance Carriers, my employer charged I was
        > terminated for cause and an appeals referee agreed.
        > My claims for Credit Protection activation was denied
        > by all carriers causing all my credit cards to go in
        > default. I keep up with all my mortgage payments, but
        > I feel violated with these Credit Card Companies.
        >
        > Subsequently, I appealed the referee's decions and a 9
        > member panel of the state department of labor decreed
        > that I was fired without cause. They also awarded me
        > unemployment benefits. The time for my former employer
        > to file an appeal at the state superior court has
        > expired. However, since my Credit Cards are already
        > in default, the Credit Protection carriers will not
        > pay out as, accounts must be for such claims to be
        > paid out. So I lost out at the end anyway, it seems.
        >
        > I maintain my former employer, also a Credit Card
        > vendor/bank, willfully contested my termination as
        > with cause eventually leading to destruction of my
        > credit among other things.
        >
        > Is there a way for me to seek compensation from my
        > former employer for providing misleading information
        > which resulted in not being able to claim Credit
        > Protection Insurance benefits? What is the statute of
        > limitations? What type of documentation would I need?
        >
        > Any help or direction will be greatly appreciated.
        >
        > Regards,

        > http://search.yahoo.com/top2003
      • Grey Weulf
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 6, 2004
          Correct. I filed a claim and it was denied because
          the employer charged, I was terminated for cause.
          Does that make a difference?