Re: [tips_and_tricks] Lawyers' IQ levels

  • Occupant Family
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2003
      Greetings,

      I just could not resist this one...

      The learned former U.S. Chief Justice Warren E. Burger, Trial Lawyer's Guide, 1971, stated:

      "Seventy-five percent of all American lawyers are incompetent, dishonest or both."  He went on to say regarding the whole profession: “… is a sick profession marked by incompetence, lack of training, misconduct and bad manners. Ineptness, bungling, malpractice, and bad ethics can be observed in courthouses all over this country every day. These incompetents have a seeming unawareness of the fundamental ethics of the profession”.

      And from a survey of judges by U.S. News and World Report, 1981: “4% of

      lawyers are competent”.

      And in New Jersey, in 1993, an Eagleton Institute poll concluded that only 32

      percent of the public had a positive view of court performance. In 1998, the

      National Center for State Courts headlined two 1994 surveys in its annual

      report: First, by the American Judicature Society, 80% of the court community

      reported a lack of public trust and confidence in their respective jurisdictions;

      Second, a Gallup poll showed that only 15% of the public had a great deal of

      trust in the ability of the justice system to meet society's needs.

      Are you aware there is even an “Anti-Lawyer” political party?

      See attachment!

      Deo volente,
      Jim

      href="mailto:Legal_Self_Representation@yahoogroups.com">Legal_Self_Representation@yahoogroups.com, "law_self_help"
      > <law_self_help@y...> wrote:
      > Mark Ferran
      wrote that attorneys dominate out society because of
      > their higher
      intelligence and even called them the 'Intellectual
      > Dominion'. Let's
      see the easily findable truth...

    • Nilbux@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 29, 2003
        50 PERCENT OF ALL LAWYERS GRADUATED
        IN THE LOWER HALF OF THEIR CLASSES,.

        THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO REAL ESTATE BROKERS,
        WHO CAN GUESS WHY?

        SCROLL DOWN.

        I have been in real estate 40 years and
        I never graduated from anything.