Justice Department Sues Las Vegas Schiff Return Preparer

  • Steven Swan
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2003
      Justice Department Sues Las Vegas Schiff Return Preparer

      On December 5, 2003, the Justice Department sued a Las Vegas man (Jeffrey Dean Hubacek) to enjoin him from preparing tax returns for others using Irwin Schiff's income tax theories. According to the complaint, Hubacek has been preparing Schiff returns since the late 1990's, which have resulted in at least $393,000 in understated tax liabilities.

      My question is, why is the Justice Department suing Mr. Hubacek civilly to enjoin him from preparing Schiff tax returns, whereas it has charged me with 18 felonies for doing the same thing? And why has it charged me criminally for preparing Schiff tax returns for others, yet it has not charged Schiff himself?

      Steven A. Swan
      www.stevenswan.com to read about the Justice Department's prosecution of me.
      www.SchiffIsWrong.info to read why Schiff's income tax theories are wrong.