Re: [tips_and_tricks] tennans by the entireties

  • Nilbux@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2003
      Missouri and other states have tennants by the entireties laws

      If you buy a car or real estate or stocks in the name
      of john Doe and Mary Doe, his wife, the vesting then,
      is tennants by the entireties. The IRS could not sieze
      my home because they had no claim against my wife.

      If I or she owned the property before marriage,
      it would not be vested in tennants by the entireties
      unless we deeded to ourselves in this vesting.

      If one of us died, the survivor has full ownership
      but it is no longer tenants by the entireties as
      this vesting is only for married people.

      see a lawyer.

      Oh, I knew a prosperous man who died and his death
      was not published, possibly because he had a law
      suit pending against another man. I would never had
      known if one of his employees had not called me.