Re: [tips_and_tricks] Unlawful Termination of Employment

  • Trooper753@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2003
      greywolf, i have a few law textbooks still concerning employment law.  i am not home right now.  i am out of state for a few weeks and will back home mid december.  i have filed a fed lawsuit against the state of nc for sexual harassment and wrongful termination.  i have 16 defendants which include the gov. and atty. general.  you might like the material i have!!!!!
      cheers!
      char
    • gary
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 30, 2003
        Unless there is a written company policy on what actions must be taken
        before someone is terminated, they don't even have to state a reason why
        they are terminating you. Why do you believe the termination was
        "unlawful"? What laws were violated? If it wasn't a case of discrimination
        of some sort, it is unlikely that there will be any interest or reason to
        bring charges against the company. However, you MAY have reasons for a
        civil suit but if you can't show that the termination was in retaliation to
        something you had a right to do and they just didn't like it, I doubt the
        civil suit will get far.

        I went through this myself many years ago with a multinational company. A
        very strange thing, someone from the international division of the company
        came around and asked (during an official company meeting) for volunteers to
        work a short term (3 to 6 months) installation project in Hong Kong. I
        would have gotten years worth of experience on the equipment and made a
        bunch of overtime and then returned to my regular job. I stated to my
        supervisor that I would like to volunteer for the project and three days
        later they terminated me because, "You no longer want to be a member of the
        team".

        Gary

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
          give us some facts.  in the faragher (?) and eller cases the US Supreme court ruled that if a supervisor went beyond his/her job description, then termination was unlawful.  youll have to read the cases.  now in all honesty, the cases are sexual harassment cases, however, profound reading!!!!!!

          ~Char

          I fight what you fear!