Unlawful Termination of Employment

  • GreyWeulf
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2003
      I was terminated from my employment for carefully fabricated
      reasons, one of which include outside business activities in
      competition with my employer and the other a violation of company
      security policy. Does any one have any information about how to
      bring charges against this multinational employer who committed this
      offence in the state of Delaware? I need to file suit myself as I
      have no money to retain a lawyer.
    • Trooper753@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 30, 2003
        greywolf, i have a few law textbooks still concerning employment law.  i am not home right now.  i am out of state for a few weeks and will back home mid december.  i have filed a fed lawsuit against the state of nc for sexual harassment and wrongful termination.  i have 16 defendants which include the gov. and atty. general.  you might like the material i have!!!!!
        cheers!
        char
      • gary
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 30, 2003
          Unless there is a written company policy on what actions must be taken
          before someone is terminated, they don't even have to state a reason why
          they are terminating you. Why do you believe the termination was
          "unlawful"? What laws were violated? If it wasn't a case of discrimination
          of some sort, it is unlikely that there will be any interest or reason to
          bring charges against the company. However, you MAY have reasons for a
          civil suit but if you can't show that the termination was in retaliation to
          something you had a right to do and they just didn't like it, I doubt the
          civil suit will get far.

          I went through this myself many years ago with a multinational company. A
          very strange thing, someone from the international division of the company
          came around and asked (during an official company meeting) for volunteers to
          work a short term (3 to 6 months) installation project in Hong Kong. I
          would have gotten years worth of experience on the equipment and made a
          bunch of overtime and then returned to my regular job. I stated to my
          supervisor that I would like to volunteer for the project and three days
          later they terminated me because, "You no longer want to be a member of the
          team".

          Gary

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
            give us some facts.  in the faragher (?) and eller cases the US Supreme court ruled that if a supervisor went beyond his/her job description, then termination was unlawful.  youll have to read the cases.  now in all honesty, the cases are sexual harassment cases, however, profound reading!!!!!!

            ~Char

            I fight what you fear!