Re: To my good freind Marsha

  • Marsha
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 28, 2003
      This is why we must all understand that the days of "administrative
      remedy" are over. Angela is correct in her post, that the IRS will
      NOT discuss constitutional issues-- but it's because they are not
      supposed to. For them to have authority to even communicate with
      you, you must have already stepped across the threshhold of
      determining you are a "taxpayer". They do not make that
      determination. They ASSUME you are a taxpayer automatically, just
      because they received some form of information submitted to them on
      THEIR form (W-2, 1099, or report from a bank or other financial
      institution). Unless you give them "constructive knowledge" that
      their assumption is erroneous, and then you must be prepared to take
      the issue to a federal court (NOT the Tax Court!! That's not a part
      of the Judicial Branch, it is a part of the Executive Branch!) to
      force the IRS to concede that your money is not "income" as defined
      in the statutes they are empowered to execute and administer.

      --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, "Angela Stark"
      <angelastark@c...> wrote:
      > You are only subject to the tax that you are liable for.
      >
      > If I were a bookmaker and I asked the IRS, what law requires me to
      > pay, they would easily point to sec. 4401(c) Persons liable for
      tax.
      > Or, if I was an importer of tobacco products and I asked the IRS,
      > show me the law that requires me to pay, they would quickly point
      > sec. 5703 Liability for tax and method of payment. When I ask the
      IRS
      > what law makes me liable, they say oh, were not here to discuss
      > constitutional issues. Why is it when I ask them the same question
      as
      > the above examples, it is now a constitutional issue? The answer
      is,
      > because it really IS a constitutional issue and they don't want to
      > discuss it.
      >
      > The Internal Revenue Code of 1939 changed with the new 1954 code.
      The
      > new code no longer contained the words "salaries", "wages", and
      > compensation for "personal" services. They were removed. They were
      > removed so that the new Internal Revenue code would fall in line
      with
      > the 16th amendment. The 16th amendment gave no new taxing powers to
      > congress, it actually limited their taxing powers to what was
      > constitutional.
    • JD
      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 28, 2003

        Even though the W-2 is on the IRS forms site, it is a SSA form and is sent directly to the SSA computer center, with the transmittal document of W-3  I think the center is in Indiana.  The W-2 the IRS gets is the one you send in with your form attesting that this is income to you and the bottom line on the form is "taxable income".

        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 29, 2003
          --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, "Marsha" <thebreaze@s...>
          wrote:
          Angela is correct in her post, that the IRS will
          > NOT discuss constitutional issues-- but it's because they are not
          > supposed to. For them to have authority to even communicate with
          > you, you must have already stepped across the threshhold of
          > determining you are a "taxpayer".

          Estates are ficticous entities and do not have constitutional rights.

          They ASSUME you are a taxpayer automatically, just
          > because they received some form of information submitted to them
          on
          > THEIR form (W-2, 1099, or report from a bank or other financial
          > institution).

          All these forms are tax class 5, estate and gift tax class forms.

          >Unless you give them "constructive knowledge" that
          > their assumption is erroneous, and then you must be prepared to
          take
          > the issue to a federal court (NOT the Tax Court!!)

          this is where the courts say your argument is frivolous unless you
          really know who the subject of the tax is.
        • Scott
          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 1, 2003
            Marsha,
            How would you go about giving constructive notice to the IRS that all the
            W-2, W-4, 1099, 941, 940 forms you sent as a business owner where a mistake
            that you just learned after reading the code that you are not a federal
            employer, nor were you authorized to withhold nor did you accept w-4, nor
            are you a GUAM, Virgin Islands, or Puerto Rico Company, nor are you in a
            territory subject to the United States Government but are only subject to
            the State and United States of America government?
            Scott Williams
            Denver, Colorado
          • Marsha Breazeale

              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 2, 2003
                I do that every January for the preceding year, using a "Declaration of Monetary Receipts" which I have developed and use exclusively for this purpose.

                Please email me at thebreaze@... and I will email you the template and instructions for it, no charge.

                Thanks.

                Marsha

                How would you go about giving constructive notice to the IRS that all the
                W-2, W-4, 1099, 941, 940 forms you sent as a business owner where a mistake
              • Rob
                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 4, 2003

                  Ok guys, I’ll be sending this to my “employer” for the past year and the coming one, let me know what you think and if I need any corrections? You may use/change it for your own needs, Rob NJ. Here it is :

                  <<NAME/ Address/ City/ State/ ZIP>>

                  DATE Certified Mail No.

                  <<Company Name/ Dept./ Attn: Official/ Address/ City/ State/ Zip>>

                  Re: W-2 Form for the year 2002

                  Dear Sir or Madam:

                  I am writing in regards to the above W-2 form from <<Company Name>> and it is not correct. <<Company Name>> needs to correct it and send the replacement to the IRS so that it will be credited and I refunded, the amounts erroneously and illegally taken from my remuneration.

                  I, <<NAME>>, am a Citizen of the United States of America, in that I was naturalized in the State of (*****), (*****) County, on (*****). My present home residence is as specifically stated above, within the United States of America and not abroad as defined and delineated within the Internal Revenue Code.

                  <<Company Name>> is not aware of, and I hope it does not ignore, the provisions of 26 U.S.C. § 3401(a), as I state that my address shown above is my legal address, is not abroad and thus not outside of the United States of America under the internal revenue laws, and therefore the remuneration paid to me by <<Company Name>> does not constitute "Wages" as defined in 26 U.S.C. § 3401(a), and cannot be legally withheld from me under any federal income tax law including § 3402.

                  The remuneration paid by <<Company Name>> is excluded from gross income under § 911 of the Internal Revenue Code, entitled "CITIZENS OR RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES LIVING ABROAD", and is therefore not defined as "Wages" as defined in 26 U.S.C. § 3401(a)(8)(A)(i):

                  § 3401. Definitions

                  Wages

                  For purposes of this chapter, the term "wages" means all remuneration (other than fees paid to a public official) for services performed by an employee for his employer, including the cash value of all remuneration (including benefits) paid in any medium other than cash; except that such term shall not include remuneration paid--

                  (8)(A) for services for an employer (other than the United States or any agency thereof)-- (i) performed by a citizen of the United States if, at the time of the payment of such remuneration, it is reasonable to believe that such remuneration will be excluded from gross income under section 911;

                  Since my remuneration is excluded from gross income under § 911, it is therefore not subject to withholding under 26 U.S.C. § 3402.

                  In light of the admission by the Secretary of the Treasury that the only income of U.S. Citizens stated as not exempt, is income included in gross income under § 911 as set forth in 26 CFR § 1.861-8T(d)(2)(iii):

                  (iii) Income that is not considered tax exempt.

                  The following items are not considered to be exempt, eliminated, or
                  excluded income
                  and, thus, may have expenses, losses, or other deductions
                  allocated and apportioned to them:

                  (A) In the case of a foreign taxpayer (including a foreign sales corporation (FSC)) computing its effectively connected income, gross income (whether domestic or foreign source) which is not effectively connected to the conduct of a
                  United States trade or business;

                  (B) In computing the combined taxable income of a DISC or FSC and its related supplier, the gross income of a DICS or a FSC;

                  (C) For all purposes under subchapter N of the Code, including the computation of combined taxable income of a possessions corporation and its affiliates under section 936(h), the gross income of a possessions corporation for which a credit is allowed under section 936(a); and

                  (D) Foreign earned income as defined in section 911 and the regulations thereunder (however, the rules of section 1.911-6 do not require the allocation and apportionment of certain deductions, including home mortgage interest, to foreign earned income for purposes of determining the deductions disallowed under section 911(d)(6)).

                  Since the above items are NOT exempt, eliminated, or excluded from gross income, they are to be included in gross income. Since my remuneration paid by <<Company Name>> is not in the above list, it is therefore exempt, eliminated or excluded from gross income.

                  The remuneration paid to me cannot be legally withheld pursuant to § 3402, as it does not legally constitute "wages" under § 3401(a), and it does not legally constitute "gross income" pursuant to the regulations promulgated by the Secretary of the Treasury and the specifically cited § 911, identifying the only time U.S. Citizens have income from U.S. sources.

                  <<Company Name’s>> contention with the W-2, which has not been filed under penalty of perjury, is that I have received "wages" to be included in "gross income". From the above, you can see this is false, and now it is shown that the W-2 is mere hearsay. It is time for <<Company Name>> and all other U.S. Corporations to read the law and stop following hearsay advice of accountants, lawyers, and the IRS.

                  <<Company Name>>is a corporation founded in a State of the Union, and not within any federal territory or abroad. I am a U.S. Citizen, living and working in a state of the Union, and not within any federal territory or abroad. My remuneration cannot be construed as foreign earned income, unless I claim a foreign tax home pursuant to § 911. Therefore, none of the remuneration paid to me by <<Company Name>>is includible in "gross income" according to the Laws and Regulations of the United States.

                  It is imperative that <<Company Name>>send the corrected W-2 which show ZERO as the amount of "Wages", "Social security wages", "Medicare Wages" and "State wages" paid to me for the year 1993, and the amounts that were withheld remaining the same.

                  You now see that the remuneration paid to me by <<Company Name>>cannot be construed as "wages" as defined in § 3121(a) or § 3401(a). Therefore, <<Company Name>>has no liability to withhold taxes under § 3403, and has been withholding my property without any authority of law. Due to this, <<Company Name>>has the opportunity and Administrative remedy to obtain the return of my money to me by correction of the W-2 and 941 return for the year that I had worked for it.

                  By admission of <<Company Name>> on the W-2, which I have shown to contain hearsay false statements, the amounts withheld from me must be returned to me. The corrected W-2 and 941 Form will provide the means for <<Company Name>>to provide me my money that it erroneously sent to the IRS.

                  Should <<Company Name>> doubt this, I have materials regarding a company which applied this argument and reasoning to 3 years worth of its information returns, to the amount of 2.3 Million dollars. That is a count of about 100 W-2 and over 400 1099 Forms were changed to claim no "gross income" or "items" thereof were paid for any of the years in question.

                  You will see the company is a multi-million dollar business, but what you cannot see is that this individual has held a General Accounting Degree for over 30 years, and therefore has known the IRS system to be the same as everyone else has. Nevertheless, due to corporate bureaucratic failures he found himself in a situation where sheepish compliance was no longer a viable option.

                  In this process he proved that the standard operating procedure of corporations to comply with IRS reporting requirements were not necessary, as the argument that he presented proves U.S. Corporations paying U.S. Citizens living in the U.S. are not earning "gross income" as defined by law.

                  I expect to be provided one of the following within twenty (20) days of receipt of this letter:

                  evidence from <<Company Name>>that it has filed the appropriate documentation with the appropriate IRS office, and thus it is refunding the money withheld from me immediately; or;

                  notification that it refuses to follow these laws as written, and provides me with notification of the actual laws that it is complying with as the former laws cited from Chapter 24 of the IRC are substantiated by the said employer refund material to entitle me to all of my money; or;

                  in order to assure that <<Company Name>> is not made party to any future federal litigation, I seek a signed affidavit, from the responsible official with <<Company Name>> who is responsible for the W-2 forms, explaining that the company is not following any law, is not willing to comply with the law in relationship to U.S. Citizens and residents as proved by acceptable to the IRS in the stated employer refund material, is following no law, because it is under fear, duress, and coercion of the IRS, and that duress is the sole reason for its actions.

                  Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

                  ______________________

                  <<Name>>

                  cc: Department of the Treasury

                  Internal Revenue Service

                  <<district>> Service Center

                  Attn: Chief <<Name>>

                  Attn: IRS District Director

                  <<address>>

                  <<city, state, zip>>

                • Richard Johnson
                  Message 8 of 21 , Dec 5, 2003
                    Hi all

                    On Thursday 04 December 2003 18:12, Rob wrote:
                    " Ok guys, I’ll be sending this to my “employer” for the past year and the
                    " coming one, let me know what you think and if I need any corrections?

                    I wish you the best Rob. Please let us know how it goes.

                    A few years back, I sent a similar letter to several "employer"s demaning
                    changes to W-2's. Of three letters, only one was answered. The other two
                    were ignored. (Guess whose side the IRS took on those.) The third was
                    answered by a company attorney who siad basically, "Your argument is
                    onconvincing, and so we will continue to do what the IRS tells us to."

                    Eventually, after being screwed around by the three-letter goons long enough
                    for their hidden assessments to default, I wound up paing their tribute.

                    Another time, I had an employer write back telling me that even though I was
                    a Citizen and not liable for withholding on subtitle A taxes, I was still
                    liable for subtitle C taxes. I never figured out how to deal with that
                    one, instead leaving the job for a different one.

                    I'm sure that Marsha and Mon Tag and a few othes have some good thoughts on
                    this; what really works and what doesn't.

                    Again, good l**k. Here are some specific thoughts.

                    " I am writing in regards to the above W-2 form from <<Company Name>> and
                    " it is not correct. <<Company Name>> needs to correct it and send the
                    " replacement to the IRS so that it will be credited and I refunded, the
                    " amounts erroneously and illegally taken from my remuneration.

                    Do you want to handle the cancellation of your W-4 at this time or in a
                    separate letter?

                    " <<Company Name>> is not aware of, and I hope it does not ignore, the
                    " provisions of 26 U.S.C. § 3401(a), as I state that my address shown
                    " above is my legal address, is not abroad and thus not outside of the
                    " United States of America under the internal revenue laws, and therefore
                    " the remuneration paid to me by <<Company Name>> does not constitute
                    " "Wages" as defined in 26 U.S.C. § 3401(a), and cannot be legally
                    " withheld from me under any federal income tax law including § 3402.

                    Additional points: Is company X an authorized withholding agent for the
                    department ot treasury? Can they produce a copy of their certificate? (I
                    think that's 7701, but don't hold me to it.) If they are authorized, then
                    they must surely follow the rules. If they are not authorized, then they
                    are stealing.

                    " § 3401. Definitions
                    " Wages
                    " For purposes of this chapter, the term "wages" means ....

                    Nicely done. Will you also include the definition of "employer" as the US
                    gov't?

                    " <<Company Name’s>> contention with the W-2, which has not been filed
                    " under penalty of perjury, is that I have received "wages" to be included
                    " in "gross income". From the above, you can see this is false, and now it
                    " is shown that the W-2 is mere hearsay. It is time for <<Company Name>>
                    " and all other U.S. Corporations to read the law and stop following
                    " hearsay advice of accountants, lawyers, and the IRS.

                    Is this relevant or needed in your opening salvo? Might it be better to
                    wait until they say "no"?

                    " It is imperative that <<Company Name>>send the corrected W-2 which show
                    " ZERO as the amount of "Wages", "Social security wages", "Medicare Wages"
                    " and "State wages" paid to me for the year 1993, and the amounts that
                    " were withheld remaining the same.

                    If they are novices, they won't believe that zero for title A means zero for
                    title C as well.

                    " By admission of <<Company Name>> on the W-2, which I have shown to
                    " contain hearsay false statements, the amounts withheld from me must be
                    " returned to me. The corrected W-2 and 941 Form will provide the means
                    " for <<Company Name>>to provide me my money that it erroneously sent to
                    " the IRS.

                    To show that it's hearsay, you should get them to admit that none of them
                    there has any first-hand knowledge of your status, only what you have told
                    them. For them to believe you initially, and then claim they can't believe
                    you later is absurd.

[...]

                    That's interesting. Could you point us at that info. (In case I ever want
                    ot use it.)

                    " I expect to be provided one of the following within twenty (20) days of
                    " receipt of this letter:

                    Calendar days or business days?

                    " in order to assure that <<Company Name>> is not made party to any future
                    " federal litigation, I seek a signed affidavit,

                    Remove everrything ni this sentece before "a signed affadavit ... ". Don't
                    ever even get close to threatening to sue if there's a chance you won't.
                    They'll hurt you later. Just demant the affadavit as al alternative.

                    Jut out of curiosity, what's your plan if they provide the affidavit saying
                    they are under duress of the IRS?
                    --
                    Richard Johnson richard@...
                    " Taxes are commonly a calamity for the people and a nightmare for the
                    Message 9 of 21 , Dec 5, 2003
                      Consider including plenty of adult diapers.

                      Your actions will mark you as a PROBLEM WORKER, cause your company
                      to be scrutinized by a government agency, cause your company more
                      work, go AGAINST EVERYTHING their CPA's and lawyers were taught
                      about income taxes (both are paid big money for advice and actually
                      know squat about income taxes).

                      In your "threatning" and "insulting" letter, you will effectively
                      tell the management that they are STUPID, violating the workers
                      civil rights, stealing form their workers, conducting conversion of
                      their worker's property and they have thrown away lots of company
                      funds to comply with IRS demands. You will effectively tell the
                      payroll department they are stealing from worker's payroll, don't
                      know their jobs and should be fired.

                      To top it off, as most businesses go, they do not want the attention
                      any government agency and whether or not their books are perfect
                      they FEAR IRS retribution.

                      Expect company to dump you at the first opportunity using any other
                      reason except the withholding. Additionally, you will be
                      blacklisted from working at that company EVER AGAIN!

                      Unless, you run the company, keep a low profile. Give them an
                      exempt form W-4 or one with 9 exemptions. Forget what you lost from
                      past withholding. They won't bother you as long as they are "fat
                      dumb and happy". This is one of the times that being right and
                      telling the truth will get you SCREWED.

                      George

                      --------------------
                      Eurotel Data Nonstop - neomezený přístup na internet za 649,- (s DPH 681,45) Kč měsíčně! http://user.centrum.cz/redir.php?url=http://www.eurotel.cz/site/cz/servicesAndTariffs/specialOffer.html?list=34995
                    • John
                      Message 10 of 21 , Dec 5, 2003
                        This is the one I wrote - its short and sweet -
                        John

                        Date: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                        To:
                        [employer]
                        Payroll Department
                        Address......

                        From:
                        [Your Name]
                        Address & SS #

                        Re: Error on W2 Form

                        Dear Sir or Madam:

                        I have worked for [Employer] for about 2.5 years now and
                        have gotten two W-2's that have had errors on them for each of the
                        last two tax years. The error centers around box number 1 on the W-
                        2. Wages in the tax structure of the United States is a defined
                        legal term that has several meanings depending on which type
                        of "wage" tax the government is referring to.
                        Wages in boxes 3 and 5 of the W-2 are defined in 26 U.S.C. §
                        3121 and it's corresponding regulations in the Code of Federal
                        Regulations. These Social Security and Medicare wages are paid and
                        deducted from payments of wages as defined at § 3121 under the
                        authority of § 3101. The regulations specify the maximum Social
                        Security payment each year. The regulations also indicate that
                        there is no maximum on Medicare. [employer] or its payroll
                        contractor is not making any errors in the Medicare or Social
                        Security computation. However, there are certain exemptions for the
                        Wages as defined in box 1 of the W-2, depending on your citizenship
                        and where the money was earned.
                        Box 1 wages on the W-2 are defined by 26 U.S.C. § 3401.
                        This definition of "wages" describes the types of payments that are
                        to be included in box 1 part of the W-2. Because the United States
                        government taxes many different people under many different
                        circumstances the tax laws are quite complicated. This is just
                        another example of the complicity of these laws. A persons place of
                        birth does have a bearing on their tax liability in this country.
                        This statement is supported by the exemption from the definition
                        of "wages" for a citizen of the United States for payments received
                        while working for a non-governmental company in this country.
                        Please see the attached copy of the definition of wages. Also
                        notice the many exemptions that apply to definition of wages under §
                        3401. One of these exceptions is the basis for this letter. If you
                        will give the exception at 26 U.S.C. § 3401 (a)(8)(A)(i) a good read
                        you will see that -
                        "Sec. 3401. - Definitions
                        (a) Wages
                        For purposes of this chapter, the term ''wages'' means all
                        remuneration (other than fees paid to a public official) for
                        services performed by an employee for his employer, including the
                        cash value of all remuneration (including benefits) paid in any
                        medium other than cash; except that such term shall not include
                        remuneration paid -

                        (8)(A)(i) for services for an employer (other than the United States
                        or any agency thereof) - performed by a citizen of the United States
                        if, at the time of the payment of such remuneration, it is
                        reasonable to believe that such remuneration will be excluded from
                        gross income under section 911;"

                        As you can see from this exception to the definition of the
                        term "wages", payments that could reasonably be expected to be
                        excluded from gross income under section 911 would not be included
                        in the computation of wages in block 1 on the W-2, if you are a
                        citizen of the UnitedStates. If you are not aware what Section 911
                        governs in the tax laws of the United States this statement would
                        mean nothing. Well I looked up section 911 and determined that
                        section 911 is the controlling laws governing foreign earned
                        income. As an employee of [Employer] working and living in [State]
                        I do not feel that I would be subject to any foreign earned income
                        tax rules for working and getting paid in [State] by an [State]
                        Corporation. I also feel that [Employer] should be "reasonable to
                        believe that such remuneration will be excluded from gross income
                        under section 911." Because of this exception in the tax laws I am
                        entitled to have my citizenship recognized by [Employer] along with
                        the advantages that the citizenship affords.
                        I know that [Employer] would not intentionally discriminate against
                        me because of my national origin. None of the money paid to me by
                        [Employer] would qualify as gross income under section 911.
                        Therefore, under the current circumstances surrounding the money
                        paid to me by [Employer], the amount that should be entered into
                        block one on the W-2 should be "0". [Employer] is required under
                        the tax laws to report to the Federal Government in a way that
                        complies with the law as they are written.
                        [Employer] established that I was a citizen of the United
                        States before I went to work. Therefore, I am entitled to the
                        rights and privileges of every citizen of the United States. When
                        [employer] reports that I have received payments that have been
                        summed up in block one of the W-2, [Employer] creates a presumption
                        on the part of the Federal Government that I have received foreign
                        earned wages. This presumption creates a hardship on me that I
                        should not have to deal with.
                        I realize that all payroll folks use the pamphlets published
                        by the IRS to guide them in the preparation of the different payroll
                        reporting forms. These pamphlets are not the law passed by the
                        United States Congress and the IRS will readily admit that. The IRS
                        pamphlets do not reflect the detail of the statutes and regulations
                        and this exception to my particular circumstances is clearly
                        reflected in the statute. I will include a cut and pasted
                        reproduction of the statute passed by Congress but I suggest that
                        you have your legal department check the cite for accuracy.
                        The tax laws are written in a manner that makes them nearly
                        impossible for the layman to understand. If you convert the
                        discriptive phrases in the statute to a sentance that you can
                        understand the law would be much easier to understand. With this in
                        mind the statute I am bringing to your attention would go more or
                        less like this.

                        If you're a citizen of the United States and the money your paid for
                        working cannot be included in a foreign earned income tax return
                        then the payments do not qualify as wages under 26 U.S.C. 3401.

                        If after you read the information supplied here and the
                        statutes that govern this particular situation and you do not agree
                        with me, please supply me with the statutes or regulations that
                        would overrule my legal position or your legal basis for refusing my
                        request.

                        Thank you in advance,
                        [Sign Here]

                        --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, "Rob" <supra94tt@c...> wrote:
                        > Ok guys, I'll be sending this to my "employer" for the past year
                        and the
                        > coming one, let me know what you think and if I need any
                        corrections?
                        > You may use/change it for your own needs, Rob NJ. Here it is :
                      • Margot A DeArman
                        Message 11 of 21 , Dec 5, 2003
                          Greetings Rob, etal,

                          Nice little self rebutted ambiguous contrary document... will not
                          accomplish the job
                          it is intended for, but will alert the employer and the IRS that you do
                          not know
                          and understand what you are doing! Too may entrapping terms like capital
                          "Citizen", the term "of", the use of "State of", instead of Ohio state or
                          whatever.
                          "Resident" is another one, and we will not even get into the "domestic
                          address"
                          And so on! I did this same stuff in the early 80's and it caused more
                          trouble that
                          you can imagine. Finally found a IRS "Catalog of Forms, Letters &
                          Notices" in
                          the GPO listings and ordered it! It lists all the forms, letter and
                          notices the IRS
                          uses and sends out and who can send them and what they are used for!
                          I have 2 different copies and I think they quit printing it about the
                          time they
                          passed the Taxpayer Bill of Rights.

                          [Bear's Note: I sell that off my web page www.irs-armory.com: http://www.freedivorceforms.net/standringorder.php
                          It is $39.00]

                          As for filing documents on your employer...
                          Why not use their Form? The one specifically design to tell the IRS and
                          your
                          employer that you are in law "foreign" to the "United States" as defined
                          in
                          26 USC 7701.

                          That form is the Form W-8 Certificate of Foreign Status. What??? The
                          employer
                          will not accept your claim of being foreign to DC? Call the IRS and tell
                          them
                          that the employer will not honor their Form. Or just tell the employer
                          you
                          will be filing a complaint with the IRS for their failure to honor an IRS
                          Form.

                          Problem over.... except when you file a Form 1040 at the end of the
                          year...
                          The proper Form would be the 1040NR for "nonresident". See, they left you
                          a way out, but you just have to find the proper Forms.

                          Doe volente,
                          James DeArman

                          Message 12 of 21 , Dec 5, 2003
                            Greetings,

                            Serious BAD Advice here:
                            On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 18:29:03 +0100 "j kocourek" <jkoc@...> writes:

                            Give them an exempt form W-4 or one with 9 exemptions
                            > Forget what you lost from
                            > past withholding.  They won't
                            bother you as long as they are "fat
                            > dumb and happy".  This is one
                            of the times that being right and
                            > telling the truth will get you
                            SCREWED.

                            A Form W-4 is for "Citizens of the United States". Exempt or not it is
                            NOT the proper Form.  Use a Form W-8 "Certificate of foreign Status"
                            and do it according to its instructions. Then you can complain to the IRS
                            that the company will not honor their Forms... and watch the scrambling!
                            And you can go back 3 years.

                            Deo volente,
                            James DeArman
                          • Nick
                            Message 13 of 21 , Dec 5, 2003
                              Pardon my little communique, but, I did this route back in 1994. The
                              IRS was rather pleased to take my W-8 but told my employer to
                              extract 30 percent withholding for being a non resident alien.

                              The problem you have is that your realtionship with your SS# MAKES
                              you a "Citizen of the United States" and therefore the W-4 IS the
                              proper form to use. However, it might behoove you to use an inlieu W-
                              4 that does not have your SS# on it beforehand claiming your proper
                              statuts.

                              I would contact We the people and get one. My concern is that they
                              butchered that document. Go to the original people that made that
                              document and get it. Ask Chancellor at Zeroincomefilers for the
                              original of that.

                              --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, Margot A DeArman
                              <lookin2c@j...> wrote:

                              > A Form W-4 is for "Citizens of the United States". Exempt or not
                              it is
                              > NOT the proper Form. Use a Form W-8 "Certificate of foreign
                              Status"
                              > and do it according to its instructions. Then you can complain to
                              the IRS
                              > that the company will not honor their Forms... and watch the
                              scrambling!
                              > And you can go back 3 years.
                              >
                              > Deo volente,
                              > James DeArman
                            • Steve
                              Message 14 of 21 , Dec 5, 2003
                                I have to disagree with what George wrote below. In my humble opinion, it is the employers (for most of us) that are the real problem to an effective tax revolt. This is where they have us by the gonads.

                                I work for a large 15000 employee corporation. I talked personally to the manager of payroll, and I am able to 'read between the lines' of what he told me. Here is it in summary.

                                "Turn in a W4 with over 10 exemptions or claiming exempt status and they will report this to the IRS within 3 months. Also, someone with the company will come and 'consult' with you to verify if your high exemptions or your exempt status is 'accurate'. If not accurate, they will consider you a 'tax evader'. He didn't directly say what would happen after that, but he said 'please don't do this, it will only cause you problems'. He did claim that the company would be fiduciarily liable if you got caught and jailed and couldn't pay the taxes, then the company would have to.'

                                I got the distinct impression that if a person filed a W4 of this type, their days at the company would be numbered, and the reason for termination would have NOTHING to do with taxes. Plus my state is an 'at will' employment state.

                                What will I have gained if I lose my job? It is called cutting off my nose to spite my face, and THAT is where the IRS has us by the balls.

                                Steve
                                <George wrote: Unless, you run the company, keep a low profile. Give them an
                                exempt form W-4 or one with 9 exemptions. Forget what you lost from
                                past withholding. They won't bother you as long as they are "fat
                                dumb and happy".>
                              • Dave Miner
                                Message 15 of 21 , Dec 6, 2003
                                  Steve --

                                  You have made an important point, and one that some on this board seem to not be aware of.

                                  To complete a Form W-4 with a large amount of "exemptions" is fraudulent.  The Employer is required by the IRC to ship these fraudulent Forms W-4 to a specific office (I forget, but it seems to me it is the Philadelphia office).  The IRS has the option of charging you a $500 penalty for submitting a fraudulent Form with an intent to evade paying taxes.    The IRS has trained employers (perhaps correctly) to see a fraudulent Form W-4 as an illegal activity to evade paying taxes, and has implied (definitely wrongly) that the employer could get into trouble if they have more than one of these "criminals" working for them.

                                  So a Form W-4 with 9 or 99 exemptions will only get you into trouble, and may get you fired.

                                  On the other hand, an "exempt" Form W-4 is an entirely different issue.  The IRS will often challenge these exempt Forms W-4 somewhere between 3 and 6 months after receiving them from your employer.  Most of my clients have escaped IRS attention in this, and it seems that after 6 months the IRS doesn't do anything.  However, within the 3-6 month timeframe, the IRS will often charge you the same $500 penalty and tell your employer to deduct maximum amounts from your paycheck.  Then you have a long process of education to help your employer understand that it is breaking the law to ignore your exempt Form W-4 and follow the IRS instructions.  And, as has been pointed out by some here, putting the employer in a postion of obeying the IRS or obeying the employee often results in the employee becoming unemployed.

                                  Still, as some have pointed out here, signing ANY IRS form declares you to be a taxpayer (subject to the so-called income tax laws).  You cannot claim to be a non-taxpayer (not subject to the so-called income tax laws) and then complete and sign taxpayer forms.  This dichotomy carries with it certain jurisdiction problems, and a difficult battle.  It is a winnable battle, but it will be difficult.

                                  Alternative strategies are so unknown to employers that you must hold several hours of training classes in order to educate your employer to the point that you can exercise these alternatives without getting fired.

                                  The bottom line is simple -- it costs to exercise your rights.  Who was it that said, "It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong?"

                                  There is no risk-free means to resist the IRS.

                                  Yours in freedom,

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Dec 7, 2003
                                    No one cares what the "law" is any more. Might makes right!
                                    Here is an Asseveration of Status (W-8) but it, too, gets you nowhere!

                                    Asseveration of Status
                                    (Substitute W-8 Form)

                                    1. I am of lawful age and I am competent to make this Asseveration of
                                    Status.

                                    2. I am a non-immigrant, non-naturalized, non-resident alien, non-
                                    taxpayer, natural born free American, Sovereign man and an inhabitant
                                    of a geographical area in a State of the American Union known as the
                                    Texas Republic.

                                    3. I am an American and nonresident alien with respect to the "United
                                    States" *(ie, the District of Columbia, Guam, American Samoa, Virgin
                                    Islands, Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, etc.) with no income
                                    effectively connected with a trade or business (26 USC 7701(a) (26))
                                    within the "United States" (government).

                                    4. I have never knowingly, willingly, voluntarily and intentionally
                                    inhabited the state of the forum (Forum Contractus in Latin).

                                    5. I have never been involved in any taxable "trade or business"
                                    activity under 27 Code of Federal Regulations pursuant to commerce in
                                    Alcohol, Tobacco Products and Firearms, State or Federal.

                                    6. That this Asseveration of Status is to be used in lieu of Form W-
                                    8, specifically;

                                    "Use Form W-8 or a substitute form containing a substantially
                                    similar statement to tell the payor . . . that you are a nonresident
                                    alien individual, foreign entity, or exempt foreign person not
                                    subject to certain U.S. information return, reporting or back-up
                                    withholding rules."

                                    * Volume 20: Corpus Juris Secundum PP 1785:
                                    "The United States Government is a foreign corporation with respect
                                    to a State."

                                    Sincerely;

                                    www.taxtruth4u.com has other information and recommends a company
                                    that only takes 7% to administer the paperwork. EXEMPT in block 7
                                    only works when you have SS and MC taken out (10.51%) . . . so, one
                                    way or another, someone ELSE get some of your "compensation for
                                    labor".

                                    At one point I found out the definition OF "compensation for labor" @
                                    26CFR9.22b-1; "Compensation for labor is a direct item of income not
                                    taxable by the federal Government." But, do a search on the internet
                                    and you get "Reserved" for that cite (?)

                                    Crime Pays !!!
                                  • j kocourek
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Dec 10, 2003
                                      Dave,

                                      I know of no IRC section(s) which require anyone to send a W-4 to the IRS for review or apporval. I have seen such demand in the Circular E publication and in that demand they want a copy of all exempt W-4s and ones with 10 or more exemptions.

                                      If I am wrong, please correct me.

                                      > Od: "Dave Miner" <dminer@...>
                                      > Komu: <tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com>
                                      > CC:
                                      > Datum: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 13:45:09 -0500
                                      > Předmět: Re: [tips_and_tricks] One way to handle your employer...W-2 rebuttal
                                      >
                                      > Steve --
                                      >
                                      > You have made an important point, and one that some on this board seem to not be aware of.
                                      >
                                      > To complete a Form W-4 with a large amount of "exemptions" is fraudulent. The Employer is required by the IRC to ship these fraudulent Forms W-4 to a specific office (I forget, but it seems to me it is the Philadelphia office).

                                      ------- Snipped -----------

                                      --------------------
                                      Dejte svému starému telefonu kopačky! SIEMENS C62 od 1977 Kč www.oskar.cz http://user.centrum.cz/redir.php?url=http://www.oskarmobil.cz/handsets/hs_view1.php3?nob=1&lang=cz&hs_id=75&ii=1
                                    • Dave Miner
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Dec 10, 2003
                                        j --

                                        The same section of the IRC (Section 3402) that required exempt Forms W-4 to
                                        be sent to the IRS also requires the employer to forward to it any Forms W-4
                                        that the employer has reason to believe might be "questionable." The
                                        subsection for the exempt form is 3402(n), but I forget the subsection off
                                        the top of my head for the questionable form. The employer does not sent
                                        the typical Form W-4 to the IRS, only questionable ones and exempt ones.

                                        I would look up the subsection for you but I am fighting a Windows XP worm
                                        problem right now.

                                        Yours in Freedom,

                                        Dave Miner
                                        www.FreedomSite.net