Southern Calif, Story

  • Master
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 11, 2003
      I have had a number of respondents state that they couldn't advise because they didn't know more of my situation so I will try giving a "Readers Digest" version and keep it nice so I don't offend any delicate people;

      I have been "Married" approx 13 years, at first things were ok, but than my "wife" started becoming more and more of a "Control Freak" (she is always right no matter what).
      I tried very hard to "Meet in the middle" starting about 5 years ago, but finally realized there was no "Middle" about 2 years ago.
      Every time I try bringing up the topic of Divorce/Separation/Annulment when we talk/fight she either ignores it or states "Typical Man, just run away" (I don't think I'm "Typical").
      I tried to get her to go to Counseling with me she refused to involve any strangers in our "little problem", than barely a year later she insisted that I had been the one to refuse Counseling.
      I have been quietly (secretly) moving most of my "prized" possessions out of the house to a storage unit that I rented (without her knowledge) after she tried selling some of my collections at a "yard sale" without talking to me first.
      I have also been checking out housing when I can find the opportunity.
      I've also been "skimming" part of my paycheck into a separate account so can have some money when I need it.

      One of her recent things that "Broke the Camels back" was when Calif had the recall and she stated to people that she wouldn't Vote in the Recall because "It undermines the entire Political structure" (Her words), she hasn't Voted in the 14 years that I have known her.

      I have the paperwork from the Courthouse, now I'm just confused as how to proceed.

      That's more or less it as succinctly as I can state it.
      If anyone has some help I'm willing to listen.

      So Cal Dan

    • wlspence1
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 11, 2003
        --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, "Master" <dragonstar@p...>
        wrote:

        > I've also been "skimming" part of my paycheck into a separate
        > account so can have some money when I need it.

        Although your intentions in moving property around seem honorable,
        sensible, and defensible, you probably will need to understand that
        community property in the law is anything acquired during the
        marriage. Since it's been 13 years, you will have to show fairly
        conclusively that anything you claim isn't `community' was yours prior
        to the marriage, and never in all that time commingled with marital
        property.

        While I think I get the gist of your case, I'm unsure what you are
        asking for advice-wise, in the light of the various amounts of it
        already given. It sounds like your marriage is in an extremely rough
        spot, but rather than having a legal paperwork problem, you may not be
        completely resolved that it should be ended.
      • David Smith
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 11, 2003
          I doubt if this will save your marriage but it is
          pretty much true that voting is a sham. Schwarzznegger
          wasn't elected, he was appointed. They have certain
          districts locked up with corrupt officials and any
          districts with electronic voting are %100 in their
          palm. Same with presidential election. Furthermore,
          voting is just a contract that puts you in their
          jurisdiction where they can send you off to war, spy
          on you (via the post office), and steal your money
          with taxes.

          I think your wife is right on that point (and I
          think it's rare to see a woman who sees even that far
          beyond the veil of government, most love the financial
          raping benefits obtained).

          http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree