A Quick Question? What if NO W-4 was signed

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 24, 2003

      A Quick Question? What if NO W-4 was signed and for years now the head of Human Resources in a letter stated that unless a W-4 was filled out, she/they would withhold at a single zero rate, which they have! Can they do this or are they in deep S#$T ?? If they are in the latter what should be done about it and by whom?

      Thanks!

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2003
          You could do a suit in state court for "goods sold and delivered" (your labor), they failed to pay all of the price as they agreed to do.  I would not make any mention of taxes in the suit, it is not a tax issue, just a contract dispute over failure to pay as agreed for your "goods".

          Gary