Winner says:

  • Nilbux@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2003

      A man who beat the state income tax said this:

      "In Illinois the tax act IMPOSES a tax on the
      privilege--of earning or receiving---as a resident.
      Notice: not as a citizen--but as a resident."

      (what about those with priveledge who received nothing?
      Are they still taxed for their priviledge?)

          (his emphasis)

         As for myself, I was convicted in Missouri,
         won a new trial on appeal.  After refusing
         a plea bargain with no jail time, case was
         dismissed.  Now they are suing me for tax
         but Director of Revenue will not answer
         interrogatory.  She replied to first with no
         signature where a notarized signature is
         required.  I told judge that opened new
         questions and got 10 week continuance.
         I have not yet complained about lack of
         notarization.

         I have a one page report with details for
         those who request it.