S.Ct. #03-5070: DRAFT #4: PETITION FOR EXTRAORDINARY WRITS OF MANDAMUS (revised), Mitchell v. AOL Time Warner, Inc. et al.

  • Paul Andrew Mitchell
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2003
      We routinely use the term "United States" as that term
      is correctly used throughout Title 28, and occasionally we
      qualify it by writing: "United States" (federal government)
      clearly to distinguish it from the "United States of America".

      For example, see the clear meaning of "United States" in the
      Guarantee Clause here:

      http://www.supremelaw.org/ref/whuscons/whuscons.htm#4:4

      Both terms are used at 28 U.S.C. 1746, in correct
      contradistinction to each other:

      http://www.supremelaw.org/sls/31answers.htm#Q16

      BTW, section 1746 is the ONLY place in _all_ of Title 28
      where we find the term "United States of America"
      (read "50 States of the Union").

      Of course, in the Hooven case, the high Court ruled
      that "United States" has three (3) different legal
      meanings:

      http://www.supremelaw.org/decs/hooven/hooven.htm#united.states

      Sincerely yours,
      /s/ Paul Andrew Mitchell